MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this ammo? This ammo has a copper washed steel case. Any problems or concearns?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Personally I avoid steel cases in anything but an AK or other Sov bloc weapon designed for steel cased ammo. It's too hard on the extractor. Brass case S&B is good stuff though and is generally pretty cheap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my sigma HATES it...constant jamming, the casing jammed so hard i needed a cleaning rod to get it out. (9mm) I bought 1000rds of it from ammunitiontogo.com

otherwise, sigma 9ve shoots wwb like butter...just this s&b has the issues..

I have about 750 rds left I am alternating with wwb, seems to work that way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have two boxes of S&B copper washed steel and never used them coz I heared that steel case ammos damage weapon. Any one here actually saw any damage to weapon from this ammo?

is feeding 50-100 rounds damages weapon?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It didnt "damage" my gun, but when it jams so hard that you need to ram a cleaning rod through it, if you are not careful, you may damage the barrel.

Even after cycling the winchester with the S&B, it would jam. I ended up borrowing my buddies Glock and shot all of it. The Glock had no issues.

I dont know if the issues were just with my Sigma 9ve and the ammo or not...I dont think you will hurt your gun by trying it...just be very careful clearing any issues you may have.

good luck!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought 100 rounds from ammunitiontogo and my M&P9 ate it up. No problems at all, except it stunk like poopy! It did just fine in my Kel-Tec PF9 too. I still like WWB better though. I think I'll stick with it for range use.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm S&B. My M&P would jam constantly. Two other guys I shoot with both who have M&P's could not shoot it either. My Glock shot it no problem. I just shot the last 150 rounds. No more S&B for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My XD runs perfectly on Wolf and the S&B you speak of...

From what I have personally seen, pistols with loose chambers don't seem to do as well with steel cased ammo. I'm not sure why... it kind of defies logic. But sure enough, Glocks and M&Ps don't like the crappy ammo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My uncle had some of this stuff in 40 S&W so I ran it through my M&P along with 100 rds of WWB yesterday. Out of the 50 rds of S&B, 3 did not fire the first time around. I put those rounds through my gun a second time and then they worked. After that, I went through the 100 rds of WWB with no problems.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had a couple of boxes of this stuff (looked like brass to me) it shot fine, if it is actually copper washed steel I will not buy anymore

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just shot 1100+ rounds of wolf steel case in the last two days and had maybe 10 FTF on the first strike all fired on second strike. No jambs in my compact, my buddy had 2-3 FTE or same amount of ammo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts