MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one used any of this stuff? Over on ar15.com a lot of people like it. Some say the jackets are steel with copper flash coating. I got 1k rounds coming and want your thouhgts please.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Did you check the Ammunition Review & Reference on the Ammunition board of AR15.com? It's a tacked subject at the top of the Ammo board, it's always there to refer to.

http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=210

Sellier & Bellot 223 Ammo

82.4% liked it

9.1% had a little trouble, but not too bad

8.7% had so much trouble they won't use it again

Not great but not too bad, slightly under the middle of the list.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks G56, I'm not a member over there so didn't know about the review and reference.

Thanks for info.

:wink:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today my 1k sellier and bellot 55gr fmj arrived as did my ecotech wooooohoooo. The first thingi did is to checked the bullet with a magnet and it stuck. So I guess I've got steel jackets with copper coating. My question is are these rounds going to damage the bore of my new rifle.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
Or it could be a steel core with a copper jacket, you will have to section a bullet to find out exactly which one.

Most of the Russian stuff with steel jackets use such mild steel that it doesn't really hurt anything.

Edit to add: S&B's website says it uses a "metallic jacket" with a lead core.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
G56 said:
Or it could be a steel core with a copper jacket, you will have to section a bullet to find out exactly which one.

Most of the Russian stuff with steel jackets use such mild steel that it doesn't really hurt anything.

Edit to add: S&B's website says it uses a "metallic jacket" with a lead core.

Thanks G56, I just dont want to hurt my new baby :wink: I dont think I'll be using it in the side matches at my IDPA shoots because of the steel targets

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
I agree, don't use it on steel targets, it could damage the targets, and those steel targets are expensive!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts