MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with CS at S&W and they took my name and address and said they were expecting my gun. Do they send out prepaid shipping materials or do I send the gun in FedEx COD. Can some tell me what it was that they did? Thanks. :oops:

·
Registered
505 Posts
from what ive seen on other posts is they mail you shiping tags and then you mail the gun into them using the tags they send you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on my conversation with the S&W's tech there was no indication that anyone there was interested in a proof of purchase. My experience with Glock's and Kimber's CS was similar, never any interest in determining whether or not I was the original owner. In both those cases I was the second owner, both companies stood behind their product. Given S&W's reputation, I would think the same was true.

·
Registered
141 Posts
S&W will send you a prepaid UPS shipping label.

Just box it up and apply the label.

Also, no proof of purchase needed.

IAShooter

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've sent a 22A and M&P9 back to S&W. Sent them an email describing the problem and pretty quickly got an email with instructions on shipping by FEDEX. They didn't ask me for any proof of original ownership. I've read that someone had problems getting them to repair a second-hand pistol, but, unless they looked up my registration with them, prior ownership wasn't asked (I bought both new). The 22A had a problem (firing pin) that would have been easier to fix myself, but I wanted to see what S&W's customer service was like. I was quite pleased, other than the dance with UPS on return.

I've heard very few complain about S&W's customer service and I've had one good experience with them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I simply called the S&W customer service department and explained the issues that my M&P was having. They sent me a pre-paid UPS shipping label within a few days. I sent mine out on 02/Jan/07 and I got it back at my doorstep repaired in six days total on 08/Jan/07. It dont get much better than that!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Received my prepaid shipping lable from SW on Sat. (1.13.2008), sent gun in on Monday (1.15.2008),will keep you apprised. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Put my M&P9 in FEDEX last Wednesday. Received a letter yesterday saying they had it and would have it fixed in 2-3 weeks. Received pistol by UPS today. I'm impressed with the turnaround. Repair note said "replaced front sight." My original was a tad right and the pistol consistently shot low and left. It will be a couple of days before I can see if the problem was fixed.

My only disappointment was that I've heard reports of freebies from S&W (extra mags, etc). This is the second one back and no extras. Give me a year or so and I'll get over being pleased with free shipping, no-charge fixes and quick turnaround.

My experience with S&W's customer service has been exceptionally positive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
greener said:
My only disappointment was that I've heard reports of freebies from S&W (extra mags, etc). This is the second one back and no extras.

Ya, what the heck is it with some people getting freebies and I don't even get a "Oops, sorry 'bout that."!? :wink:

KO

·
Registered
172 Posts
Took the M&P9 that S&W repaired to the range Saturday morning. Ignoring a few rounds that the shooter elected to spray around the target, it managed to make a big 1.5-2" hole in the 9-8 rings. When I got tired of watching confetti blow out of the cardboard backing, I moved the poi up a tad. One week from ship to receive and over a weekend and the low-left problem appears to be solved. I'm impressed with S&W's service.

I've been very pleased with the ergonomics, low recoil, the fact that it has fired ~1700 rounds without any failure or problem of any kind and I don't seem be able to make it have a failure. Now that it shoots about where I think I'm aiming, I'm very pleased with the pistol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello...got my UPS shipping label in the mail today, but a littel confused on exactly where I'm allowed to ship this thing. I have a box from work and have boxed it up with my letter. The letter from Smith said it couldn't be shipped from any UPS drop boxes or UPS stores. What does that leave? Will they come and pick it up from my office if I call them? Do I need to tell them it's a firearm? If not do I have to take it to the actual UPS shipping center? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes they will pick it up at your office.

I think S&W advises to tell the driver it is a firearm, not sure if you legally have to.

I dropped mine off, they appeared to care less.

I took mine right to the UPS shipping center, had it back in 4 days.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
You have to take it to a UPS shipping hub, or call them to come get it. I have always taken firearms to the hub myself. You are supposed to them it is a firearm.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts