MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 837 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the breakdown of the serial numbers? I would like to know how early mine is, when it was produced, etc.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I couldn't tell when exactly yours was made but they started with MPAXXXX and are now up to MPEXXXX.

Don't know if this helps you at all, but good luck in your quest. A call to S&W could probably get you more info.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, if they started with MPA than mine is within the first three thousand M&P's made, I got a low number! Yeah!

Now, I just hope that it was not too low in the build that I will encounter some problems, none so far though. At least with S&W's great customer service, if I do have an issue or two, they will take care of it.

Thianks for the info!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is MPA2XXX so I got a low number. I just placed an order for a new 9mm M&P hope that one is a good one too.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
From what I've read in this thread, S & W MP's serial # must move to the next letter in the alphabet at 9,999. That makes sense to me anyway. Mine is MPB35XX bought on July 22nd, 2006. Wonder who got A0001? Probably a S & W exec. :roll:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just picked up my new M&P 9mm and its MPF9*** and it shoots like a dream too. Have already run 35 rounds through it as soon as I got home, and after cleaning the firing pin hole to be sure to prevent light striker hits, and not a single malfnction, PERFECT, I like these M&P pistols!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine is numbered MPA5xxx and so far it has been absolutely reliable. I did send it back to have the slide stop (release) replaced and they had it back to me in less than 10 days. I noticed in the gun store the other day that all the new models seem to have the (new) slide stop (release).

1 - 20 of 837 Posts