MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a little reading about the M&P9 full size. I am getting ready to jump in and get another S&W just this time not a wheelgun. As I read I hear some reports about the 9mm not liking heavier 147gr bullets . Can people share their guns preferences? Bullet weight, powder, OAL anything else interesting?

Edit, reason I ask about 147gr is this is going to be my IDPA/IPSC fun gun.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I hate to bust some peoples bubbles here but I got some loading data from one of the best 9mm shooters on the PLANET and his name is Angus Hobdell. He shoots for CZ, and is also a Multi Grandmaster, Im a lowly Production Grandmaster, I have yet to attain a Multi ranking.

I digress, We have been shooting almost exclusively 147gr Zero JHPS and really havent found anything more accurate and if you want to do some research most of your top Production shooters use the 147's for BETTER accuracy.

We are using {spelling} Vihta Vouri Powder I have the exact data wrote down so when I get a chance Ill post it for you guys, now the thing to remember is that not every gun is the same and there could be a little deviation on what the load will do in your gun versus mine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glocker said:
Well I hate to bust some peoples bubbles here but I got some loading data from one of the best 9mm shooters on the PLANET and his name is Angus Hobdell. He shoots for CZ, and is also a Multi Grandmaster, Im a lowly Production Grandmaster, I have yet to attain a Multi ranking.

I digress, We have been shooting almost exclusively 147gr Zero JHPS and really havent found anything more accurate and if you want to do some research most of your top Production shooters use the 147's for BETTER accuracy.

We are using {spelling} Vihta Vouri Powder I have the exact data wrote down so when I get a chance Ill post it for you guys, now the thing to remember is that not every gun is the same and there could be a little deviation on what the load will do in your gun versus mine.

It would be interesting to hear what people actually use thats a heavy and accurate setup in the M&P9

1 - 5 of 5 Posts