MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Loner said:
Anyone tried one of these? Are they worth getting?

All depends on you. I did it to my backstraps, and frame, I am very happy with it. Some people like the look and feel, while some dont.......The M&P looks sick without the sharking, just gives it a more personal vibe IMO. Its easy, just start with your small strap, sharpen your iron real fine and go at it!!!

Good luck

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
In my opinion they are worth a try. If you don't like it remove it, install your OEM back strap and sell it here on the board. I think they are cheap enough to do a little experimenting.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I can't believe how cheap the factory straps are... $2.95!! Makes a guy want to try to make one of his own? :twisted:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Just sharpen your iron real fine and go to town, you would be suprised!!!!!

coltman1985 said:
I can't believe how cheap the factory straps are... $2.95!! Makes a guy want to try to make one of his own? :twisted:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Just make sure its nice and hot, start on your small strap or whatever strap you wont use first, just to get the feel of it.

Dan who is an expert at stippling and sharking, says to keep your finger on the inside of the strap to make sure you dont go to far/deep. But if you pay attention that shouldnt happen. It is really cool once you figure it out. I did mine a total different way, as soon as I order more straps I will be giving Dan's method a shot!!! If you are not sure of it, contact Dan he will hook you with a quality strap!!!

coltman1985 said:
Is there a specific temp range for a sweet spot so to say?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Texturing your M&P

Guys,

I had Jester do my backstraps and frame of my 40c. I can't brag enough about the quality of his work! If you are interested, you might contact him for details.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts