MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering doing this. (Front and backstraps already done)

Any comments about trigger control improvements.? Or even REDUCTION in control.Several "experts" say a smooth trigger face is best.

Thanks

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
In a double action type trigger if it has ribs or anything that might be abrasive, it can chew your trigger finger up in a hurry, smooth triggers are the way to go!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Fish

I am personally a firm believer in this modification and recommend you do it. I own 8 M&P pistols and 4 of mine have Sharkskin done on the face of the trigger by Dan Burwell. I just may be the first guy to ask Dan for this modification, I could tell by his puzzled response.

I found with my first M&P that not only did the trigger suck; my fingertip would slide across the trigger and go all the way through and past the trigger guard. Especially if I ran the gun hard.

Even under rapid fire I strive to control the trigger, (press, hold, reset, press,hold, reset) I just could not do it with the smooth face of the stock trigger.

Most pistols have serrated triggers or at least those that matter. Look at the 1911. The Glock, not serrated, at least has the trigger safety that gives a little bite and registration on its face.

My only caution would be not to go to deep or aggressive. If it get sharp it can wear your trigger finger a little raw especially in those schools were its not uncommon to shoot at least a 1000 rounds a day. That being said its nothing a file or some sand paper cant fix.

Give it a try; I think you will like the results.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I haven't had it done so I can't report on it, but its definitely been in my plans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts