MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to clean it today put 300 rounds through it. I took the take down lever down to feild strip. Cleaned it tried to put a mad in it to reset the lever it didn't move. So i pull it out when to re dissemble and the slide jamed with the barrel in a weird ass way ive never seen on any of my other MP's after beating it open enough to push the take down lever it went back together. Function tested and put 5 through it to see if it cycled correctly took it back apart re- feild stripped it this time pushed the take lever up but it was hard as hell to push in. Put it back together function tested put 5 thru it. Is the rod bent? Is it that hard really to put back or am i tripping

·
Registered
23 Posts
A couple times I've had a hard time getting the slide to go back enough to reset the lever but I've never had the issue you are describing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A couple times I've had a hard time getting the slide to go back enough to reset the lever but I've never had the issue you are describing.
It only happened one time its weird ive taken it back apart about 1
50 times because it blew my mind since it was new now the lever moves like it should and get reset by a mag now totally weird it was brand new still had yellow on the lever now its gone and doing as it should like i said brand new 200
rounds toady and that happened

·
Registered
262 Posts
Your RSA could have been off a bit, as in not in the correct notch under the barrel.

As far as the yellow sear lever, I don't use it. A fragile looking thin piece that isn't real easy to flip up and down.
I check, and check again, to make sure the pistol is unloaded, and pull the trigger to release the slide.
I'm sure someone will now come long to tell me that it is irresponsible to say I do that on a public forum, that someone could get hurt because of that advice, and in addition, that's not how the manual says to take the pistol down for cleaning.

If someone is going to pull the trigger inside the house on a live round, they are going to get into trouble soon enough anyway.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I check, and check again, to make sure the pistol is unloaded, and pull the trigger to release the slide.
I do the same, I agree, the little yellow lever just seems too fragile. There a lot of guns where you have to pull the trigger so I don't see why it's wrong (if you are safe about it) with this one.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Your RSA could have been off a bit, as in not in the correct notch under the barrel.

As far as the yellow sear lever, I don't use it. A fragile looking thin piece that isn't real easy to flip up and down.
I'm sure someone will now come long to tell me that it is irresponsible to say I do that on a public forum, that someone could get hurt because of that advice, and in addition, that's not how the manual says to take the pistol down for cleaning.

If someone is going to pull the trigger inside the house on a live round, they are going to get into trouble soon enough anyway.
I do exactly the same thing you do, and have been doing so for many years. Of course, I’ve never attempted to break down or clean a loaded firearm.

I can’t imagine being that stupid, but I suppose it happens.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I agree also brother kuddos to you who cleans there gun with ammo in the same room tbh if were talking saftey FYI dont be a dummy lol thanks alot for the advice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts