MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am new to this forum and joined to get advice and opinions on a 40-9mm conversion, a tough topic to get straight answers on.

I have a M&P 40 full size, a M&P Bodyguard 380 and just bought a M&P 40 Shield M2.0.

The 40 full size, bought used, came with the factory barrel a 9mm S&W OEM barrel, which shoots great. I like the ability to have the same pistol be either 40 or 9mm, depending on use, application, etc.

I want to have the same conversion ability on the 40 Shield M2.0. I want to buy a True Precision 40-9mm conversion barrel for this. It was made for, and is sold for, the 40 Shield 1.0, original, whatever we call it. Per True Precision, they aren't certain it'll work. My research has led me to believe that this barrel will work fine in the 40 Shield M2.0.

Has anyone done this, or something similar, with success? I've talked to S&W a few times about such conversions and get a different answer, depending on who I talk to. The answer that makes the most sense, and I like the best, is that the only reason they don't support the conversion is b/c the slide says 40 on it - liability issues.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Check with TR Enabling. They do conversion barrels. Since most of the Shield 2.0 changes were simply cosmetic (no actual slide-to-barrel change), they should work.
9mm M&P Shield Replacement Barrel

You can email/call them to make sure.

Reactions: dontcatchmany
1 - 3 of 3 Posts