MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought another Shield 2.0, this time the 45, so now I have a 9mm and 45 APC. How does shooting the 45 compare to the 9? I know there are arguments for and against both calibers, but for EDC. I love shooting 45’s but I have never shot a subcompact 45. Any advice on training? Also best, cleanest target 45 ammo, I have defense ammo but want a cheap quality range ammo. Thoughts on Wolf or Red Army Standard? They are cheapest on

·
Registered
158 Posts
I find mine to be very controllable and mild shooting for a 45acp. My go to range ammo was Blazer brass 230gr. Now I reload my own.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was shooting Winchester white box, it does O.K., but I found that Federal Champion (100 round boxes, $38)
is a bit more accurate in my Shield. I have about 700 rounds of it now, when they are empty I'll reload them.

I shoot Red Army (Vympel) and Silver Bear (Barnaul) in my 7.62 x 39 Ruger Minis, but haven't warmed up to the idea of shooting steel case in my pistols.,
I carry my .45 shield more and more, to the point that I hardly ever grab my "little" Shield that has both 9mm and .40 barrels.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't had my Shield 9 all that long and am already lusting after the 45 :D

However, I believe I'll wait on that until I learn to shoot better with the 9.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have shot the Shield .45 very sweet shooter, expected more recoil... accurate I give it two thumbs up. 👍👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts