MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Shield 9mm (post recall) on Gunbroker for $389 and free shipping . Can't wait to get it. I already have a 9c. Love the M&P platform.

There are still a few more on GB at this price if anyone is looking for one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Double check it is post recall when you get it, and verify the drop safety anyway.

I got one off of GB that was supposed to be post recall but was really built in April. I let the seller know it was misleading, but because I ended up paying less than a LGS and it did not have the safety issue, it is fine.

I did call Smith and Wesson and their story is the guns with problem shipped that way....they will not develop it over time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double check it is post recall when you get it, and verify the drop safety anyway.

I got one off of GB that was supposed to be post recall but was really built in April. I let the seller know it was misleading, but because I ended up paying less than a LGS and it did not have the safety issue, it is fine.

I did call Smith and Wesson and their story is the guns with problem shipped that way....they will not develop it over time.
The recall notice is for Shields made before 8/19, so I will definitely check that.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
All 4 of my Shields pre-date 8/19/2013. I checked them all and none of mine had the problem. I also asked a Gunsmith at one of the larger gun shops that I frequent about the problem. He said that he has checked probably close to 50 Shields pre-dating 8/19/2013 for people who did not want to check it themselves and has not found one with the safety problem. I can't see why anyone would take the pistol to a gunsmith for such a simple diagnostic test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts