MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned a bunch of handguns but the Shield is the first handgun I ever owned that had an ejector that wiggled. All my previous guns had ejectors that were fixed and did not move. I called S&W and they said it was made that way and other owners say that theirs wiggle too. My Shield runs great and is awesome , I have just never seen an ejector like this. Have you Shield owners noticed this on your ? Mine is a 9mm.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Like others have already said, and i agree, its a non-issue.
As long as your not having any problems with the gun under fire, run it, run it hard.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of the ejectors on my M&P’s (not just the Shield) wiggle when the slide is off of the frame, as are some other pistol brands that I own.

It’s a non-issue.

Thanks . What other pistols do you have that have a wobbly ejector ? This is the first for me. On my Ruger LCR II the ejector is built into the slide-stop. They are the same piece. So it isn't loose but it does move upwards when the slide locks open when the magazine is empty.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Thanks . What other pistols do you have that have a wobbly ejector ? This is the first for me. On my Ruger LCR II the ejector is built into the slide-stop. They are the same piece. So it isn't loose but it does move upwards when the slide locks open when the magazine is empty.
Sigs, Ruger, Kahr, pretty much every pistol I own except my 1911’s.

The groove (for want of a better word) in the slide pretty much keeps the ejector right where it needs to be as the slide is reciprocating. The fact that it has some movement when not held in place by the slide means nothing. It really can’t go anywhere when the slide is on the frame.

Why do you think it presents a problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts