MP-Pistol Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thank you
Sean Wolff
W.C. Wolff Company

so maybe if a few others email they will get to them sooner and we can get a heavier better spring .
I got the exact same reply about a week ago. I HOPE they are actually going to start making the springs and that this is not just an auto reply.

Not that I actually believe better mag springs will fix the stove pipe issue, but I'd pay a few bucks to try them and find out!

Reactions: Eagle

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is likely the magazine spring.

Early XM17s for the Army had a common feature of ejecting the spent round and the next to be fed. It was a magazine issue 100%.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update. On the FIFTH trip to the factory, S&W said they didn't see a problem (after replacing about half the gun in previous trips without fixing the stovepipe/live-ejection problems) and sent it back without doing anything to it. In frustration I bought 4 new magazine springs, and took it to the range with the last of my .380 ammo. No problems at all in any of the 4 mags, each used three times. Is it fixed? We'll see once I can afford to buy more .380 ammo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Update. On the FIFTH trip to the factory, S&W said they didn't see a problem (after replacing about half the gun in previous trips without fixing the stovepipe/live-ejection problems) and sent it back without doing anything to it. In frustration I bought 4 new magazine springs, and took it to the range with the last of my .380 ammo. No problems at all in any of the 4 mags, each used three times. Is it fixed? We'll see once I can afford to buy more .380 ammo.
Where did you buy the new springs? My mags are acting up again. Hubby stretched some of them and they worked for a while but they are acting up again with that stovepipe on the last round trick.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thank you. I just ordered 6. That should take care of things for me. I cleaned all of my magazines today (hands are killing me now!) and the EZ mags are the 2nd easiest to clean. I stretched the spring in every one of them before putting them back together.

By far the easiest to clean are the S7w .22 compact ones! My 1911 and 1911 style gun magazines are all but impossible to clean because they really do not come apart, but I do the best I can. I tried spray brake cleaner once and all that did was about gas me to death, even outside. It sure didn't make any difference to the inside of the magazine! But that's another subject entirely.

201 - 206 of 206 Posts