MP-Pistol Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Whether "Mr Saturday Night" or "The Great One" Jackie was a legend from a simpler time. Loved all the rolls he played. The 21st century hasn't produced his kind and may never again.

Sorry for going OT---
As a kid; I watched his The Honeymooners B&W TV series, then his variety show.

The MEME I posted was made from his role in the first Smokey and the Bandit movie; which is one of my all time favorites.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same misfeed issue with mine

Any issues with 9mm Shield EZ feeding? Firing 1st shot, shell ejects,
slide stops 1/4 way closed jamming round 2 partially out of magazine.
Once cleared, rest of load feeds fine. Same thing happened three times.
I will shoot it some more and see if it clears up.
Have a .380 e.z. that performs flawlessly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any issues with 9mm Shield EZ feeding? Firing 1st shot, shell ejects,
slide stops 1/4 way closed jamming round 2 partially out of magazine.
Once cleared, rest of load feeds fine. Same thing happened three times.
I will shoot it some more and see if it clears up.
Have a .380 e.z. that performs flawlessly
I have the same issue with my wifes ez 9mm. i tried fort scott and norma mhp ammo. and the first round ejects just fine and the other rounds get stuck or bind and dont feed up porperly. i just contacted S&W today about it and they are sending me another magazine.. but honestly i dont know if that will fix the issue. it seems the tolerances in the magazine are to tight and dont allow the ammo enough room to feed up properly. or maybe a much stronger spring is needed. IDK

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased my EZ9 thefirst of June. Took to range and had similiar issues. Was using 115 g Blazer Brass and 124g American eagle. Would fire one or two rounds and the slide would not go back into battery. Coulf slightly tap the rear of slide and it would move the round into the chamber. Tried again next day and same situation. Out of 50 rds probably had 15 hahang ups. Returned to S&W. They had it a month, replaced the barrel. Went to range, same issue with new barrel. Sent to S&W again, got it back last week. It looks like they replace everything in it this time. Took to range this week. There was a improvement. Shot around 150 rounds. Wasn't counting but still had probably a dozen plus hang ups. I think a earlier poster is correct about the loading ramp. The round had moved maybe 1/4 forward in the mag and it looked like the end of the bullet was wedged against lip of the ramp.
Don't know what to do at this point. Really like the pistol and got it for the easy slide and comfortable shooting. Don't know if ramp can be tweaked (don't like altering factory stuff) but I don't think I could carry for self defense and feel it would be reliable. Guess I may end up taking a loss and selling.
I think its a magazine issue and not a actual firearm issue.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think its a magazine issue and not a actual firearm issue.
If it is "like" the EZ 380, it is a magazine issue. At least 99% of the problems seem to have been solved with the magazines worked properly. That was true for my own EZ 380. One of my friends was thinking about buying one in 9mm and I talked her out of it because of all the problems I've read about with that model. She wound up with a SIG P365 and likes it, even though it did cost noticeably more than the EZ would have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it is "like" the EZ 380, it is a magazine issue. At least 99% of the problems seem to have been solved with the magazines worked properly. That was true for my own EZ 380. One of my friends was thinking about buying one in 9mm and I talked her out of it because of all the problems I've read about with that model. She wound up with a SIG P365 and likes it, even though it did cost noticeably more than the EZ would have.
Unfortunately for me I Didn't read about the issues until after the fact so i am stuck with this. S&W says there is no issues.. but offered to send out a new magazine. I got video of my magazine malfunctioning, so well see . I really hate this

·
Registered
155 Posts
Unfortunately for me I Didn't read about the issues until after the fact so i am stuck with this. S&W says there is no issues.. but offered to send out a new magazine. I got video of my magazine malfunctioning, so well see . I really hate this
For my 380 EZ I had hubby stretch the springs in 2 or 3 of the magazines (I have 6) and it has worked well since then. Perhaps it was finally "broken in" or perhaps stretching the springs fixed the problem. ?????? You don't want to stretch them Tooooooooo Far and ruin them, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had sent my EZ back two times for the feed issue and it was not fixed. I then sent back my two mags for replacement and waited about two months to get back. Went to range and shot four mags with no issues. Then had same problem with the next three mags. I figured it had a 10% failure rate to feed. This is not acceptable.
I recently got rid of it, and just took a hit on what I paid for it. I will go back to my original Sheild. I, like you did not find this forum until after having issues. If I had saw the issues I would never have purchased.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have both an EZ 9 and Sig P365 (both early release models) and both have run flawless since day one. At 7 yards, the Sig will slow fire into groups just over the size of a quarter. The EZ 9 will shoot nickel sized groups all day long. I was one of the lucky ones.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I picked out an EZ 9 for my landladys; 82 year old brother. He's a fit and young 82 who stays very active and is in good shape.

He is also having feed issues with his. 1 or 2 per magazine.

Having now seen seen this thread, I'm pretty sure I can fix it. I'm good at this kinda stuff.

However, he is even able to tolerate my M&P 45 2.0 so if I had known that, I probably would have recommended a Shield or a 3.6 in. Compact in 9mm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
On another note, I have about 900 rounds through my full size 45 in the last couple months without a single solitary malfunction of any kind.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I picked out an EZ 9 for my landladys; 82 year old brother. He's a fit and young 82 who stays very active and is in good shape.

He is also having feed issues with his. 1 or 2 per magazine.

Having now seen seen this thread, I'm pretty sure I can fix it. I'm good at this kinda stuff.
If you do get it fixed, please post a thread describing what worked! I know there are an awful lot of people who would be grateful.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you do get it fixed, please post a thread describing what worked! I know there are an awful lot of people who would be grateful.
I'm gonna start with the simple stuff.

Polishing the feed ramp and the extractor. It also occurred to me to maybe down bevel the bottom edge of the feed ramp just a hair.

It will probably at least several days, but I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We've been to the range twice since I last commented here.

His Shield 9 EZ FTF about fully half the time. With 3 different kinds of ammo now. 3 or 4 out of every 8 rounds hang on the feed ramp. Racking the slide chambers the round.

No defense ammo yet, which I suspect will be at least as bad and maybe worse.

I'm pretty much sure I can fix it, but he is a stubborn old man who has no idea what he's doing and thinks he can fix it himself. Waddaya gonna do?

·
Registered
155 Posts
We've been to the range twice since I last commented here.

His Shield 9 EZ FTF about fully half the time. With 3 different kinds of ammo now. 3 or 4 out of every 8 rounds hang on the feed ramp. Racking the slide chambers the round.

No defense ammo yet, which I suspect will be at least as bad and maybe worse.

I'm pretty much sure I can fix it, but he is a stubborn old man who has no idea what he's doing and thinks he can fix it himself. Waddaya gonna do?
Have you shot the gun? If it works for you it is very possible that he is not gripping the grip safety firm enough. Just a remote possibility.
Sounds like HE needs to send it back to S&W and see if they can make a difference.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Any updates on this? I'm having the same issues with the 9mm EZ... After 3 brands of FMJ rounds 300+ shots = 30+ Failures to Feed... Not happy! Can feel and see slow slide return on many of the chambered rounds that didn't jam! Same Ammo works fine in my shield 1.0
As a range safety officer we are seeing a lot of this. The wife had the same issues. 98% of the problem is a poor grip of the gun and grip safety. I was able to see this first hand and FIX the problem, also with several customers both male and female. it could be life threatening in a self defense situation under stress. Practice makes perfect, let muscle memory take hold, get a good purchase on the guns grip and problem corrected.

It’s a great gun, especially for those having strength issues, just a matter of training, IMO. Hope this helps some of you out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy a S&W M&P 2.0 9 mm Shield EZ. Worst pistol in the world. It looks good, shoots very good when you are lucky to get one shot. I got mine 7 months ago. Took it to the range. 50 fail to feed out of 70 rounds. Sent it back to factory. after I got it back again to the range. FTF 15 times out of 50 rounds. Back to factory 2 more times. They keep send it back to me saying nothing wrong with the pistol. Last time I got it back 40 FTF out of 50. Called S&W. No responsibility or liability for this POS.
Finally I took the handgun to a local gunsmith. Another 150 usd. Now I’m at 2-3 FTF out of 100 rounds. It seems that the pistol likes 115gr better than any others. The 2-3 FTF were on 124 gr.

Except revolvers, I‘ll never, never, never buy another S&W handgun.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts