MP-Pistol Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
That's a good point. Next time we go out, I'll let him shoot mine and I'll shoot his. It could be limp wristng I suppose. Has anybody actually confirmed that that is a demonstrable issue with this gun?
YES I can. My wife had a few where it extracted but didn't load a new round. I never had one problem with it in many hundreds of rounds. I told her it was "short cycling", caused by limp wristing where the slide doesn't go all the way back, because the whole gun is moving slightly backwards. She held it with a more firm grip and it hasn't missed a beat since.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If I were S&W, I’d reverse the grip safety’s operation. Unlike a 1911, pressure needs to be applied at the top portion of the grip safety On the EZ models. Poor or less than a firm grip ensures a malfunction. The 1911 grip safety puts the pressure required to function the pistol on the lower portion of the safety, where there is less chance of mishandling the pistol, causing a fail to feed, stove pipe or other malfunction, after recoil.

As a range officer, Ive trained and corrected several people, including my wife, on just this issue with positive results. HOWEVER, I’m concerned that in a real life, defensive scenario, in the heat of the moment, one could revert to a poor grip. It’s a great pistol for those who have issues manipulating the slide, due to age or medical issues, but they need to train and develope muscle memory, more so than a typical pistol, IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s just a POS pistol. It’s like wining the lottery. Are you the lucky guy to get a good one? Better be safe and don’t buy it. You will be better off. If you like the model just stick with the 380 version. That’s a good one

·
Registered
48 Posts
It’s just a POS pistol. It’s like wining the lottery. Are you the lucky guy to get a good one? Better be safe and don’t buy it. You will be better off. If you like the model just stick with the 380 version. That’s a good one
I have to say that I'd have a hard time recommending another EZ model to somebody. There's enough chatter online and my own experience seems to indicate that the EZ models have an unacceptably high percentage of troublesome specimens.

That said, the standard family of M&P polymer pistols are known for their reliability overall. It would be a mistake to paint all M&P handguns with the EZ brush. They're different guns.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wouldn’t own or recommend any of the EZ models myself; though all the other M&P models I own are completely reliable.
I have a 45 full size and a 3.6in. compact 9, both 2.0.

I have 1300 rounds through the 45 and 700 through the 9 without a single malfunction of any kind, except a bad primer in one round of 45acp Winchester white box.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I have a 45 full size and a 3.6in. compact 9, both 2.0.

I have 1300 rounds though the 45 and 700 through the 9 without a single malfunction of any kind, except a bad primer in one round of 45acp Winchester white box.
Not bad for a short-timer. :ROFLMAO:
I have two M&P9s that can go for over 1500 rounds without cleaning. I know that because they’ve been through 1500 round count training classes several times. Then there’s my range M&P9. It lives in my range bag, and only gets taken out and cleaned 3-4 times a year.

That said; my carry guns get cleaned every time they’re shot.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts