MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Everything works as it should. Just gotta get used to snapping the slide back and letting it go instead of pushing the slide lock. It would be nice to just reach up with my thumb for the button so I really think it should be an option but its not a deal breaker.
Send it back to SAW. That can't be right. My dad's .380 EZ doesn't have that problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought my wife a new ez 9. Was gonna get the 380 version but with the 9 we can both use the same ammo....easier and cheaper. The slide lock release button is really stiff and difficult. I know this is normal for a new gun and it should get better with wear but its not so bad with no magazine , with the magazine in however there is a flange inside that pushes down on the little plastic button on the side of the magazine. With a mag inserted , pushing the slide release down to release the slide also pushes down against the spring pressure in the magazine. No wonder its so hard to release the slide lock when a magazine is inserted. With a loaded mag , and compressed spring , the slide release is near impossible to push. That wont get better over time. Thats crazy. Are they all that way or is it a defect ?
Nope, it’s not you, i just purchased the same weapon and the slide lock is making minced meat of my thumb.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you read the owners manual it says to release the slight by grasping the slide and pull back and let it go, commonly known as sling shoting to chamber a round. To release it on an empty magazine you do the same thing while pushing down on the slide lock lever. Regular Shields are the same way. After 500 or 1000 rounds they loosen up but they are designed as slide locks not slide releases. M&P Shields of any type are not like Glocks.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts