MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Trijicon HD Tritium Sights (SA39-C-600714) on my shied. I am looking for a shorter front sight because I shoot Point of Aim/Point of Impact. I'm sure someone has found a shorter front sight for this weapon and rear sight. Can anyone recommend where I can buy a shorter front sight for this setup? Trijicon does not seem to make shorter front sights for resale. Any suggestions....?

Thank guys

·
Registered
277 Posts
POA/POI

You should check with Dawson Precision also I know they have all kinds of different heights on front sight...

·
Registered
8,322 Posts
+1 (or 2, maybe even 3) for both Dawson Precision and Ameriglo/BTC (Bowie Tactical Concepts).

·
Registered
490 Posts
Could someone pleae explain what a Point of Aim / Point of Impact shooter is? I would think everyone woudl want their POI to be their POA?

·
Registered
5 Posts
+2 for Dawson Precision,
I picked up my new Shield last Monday, Ordered a .165H x .100w fo sight it arrived Friday.
I have Dawson front sights on all my Sigs and now my Shield.
I dont change the rear sights, I just black them out.
Go to the website and there is A detail conversion table there to figure what site you need.

They are wonders for older eyes

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Just ordered some Dawson sights. Prob a bad habit acquired in the military, but I like seeing my target when I pull the trigger. I've found that with the M&P sights, when the target is small, the front sight blocks the target. Seeing my target also helps me to see my hits instantaneously. This method is not the best for a defensive carry weapon, as you will not have the arability to see your shot impact. My perfect setup is when my front sight is half on the target.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks guys! Just ordered some Dawson sights. Prob a bad habit acquired in the military, but I like seeing my target when I pull the trigger. I've found that with the M&P sights, when the target is small, the front sight blocks the target. Seeing my target also helps me to see my hits instantaneously. This method is not the best for a defensive carry weapon, as you will not have the arability to see your shot impact. My perfect setup is when my front sight is half on the target.
So POA/POI is where the target is halfway in the middle of the 3 dot sight picture as opposed to the front sight is covering the target? Like this?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think when the target is on top of the front sight the term is 6 O'Clock hold. When the targets top half is on top of the front sight the term is Point of Aim / Point of Impact. Think of it like this - you have a bulls eye target, to hit center with the M&P factory sights, you have to put your front sight directly on the target and maybe a little higher. I put my front sight in the middle of my target and this allows me to hit the center of the target and see my shots. (I think I learned to do that by shooting iron sights in the military.) Buying a shorter front sight allows you to see more of the target.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think when the target is on top of the front sight the term is 6 O'Clock hold. When the targets top half is on top of the front sight the term is Point of Aim / Point of Impact. Think of it like this - you have a bulls eye target, to hit center with the M&P factory sights, you have to put your front sight directly on the target and maybe a little higher. I put my front sight in the middle of my target and this allows me to hit the center of the target and see my shots. (I think I learned to do that by shooting iron sights in the military.) Buying a shorter front sight allows you to see more of the target.
Exactly why all my Sigs and now my Shield wear Dawson FO sights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts