MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a set of XS R3D sights on my original Shield and I absolutely love them. I wanted to keep using them so I was hoping that I could just switch the slides. I’ve been in law enforcement for over 20 years and I never realized how much not having a white ring around my rear sight would help me immediately focus on my front sight. Not to mention the big orange circle on my front sight!! So…I was hoping I could keep the original slide and put it on the new shield plus. It may sound crazy to most but I was just trying to save a few dollars. Plus the original slide holds some sentimental value for me. If I may be so bold…I would like to praise Trijicon and XS sights. I can say without a doubt that my shooting has improved with the use of my XS R3D sights. The Trijicon sights that my co-workers use are also fantastic. The orange front sight on my XS sights has aided me tremendously.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd say just carry the old shield til you get the new sights put in the new gun.
Why make any changes that could possibly affect your carry gun that you are depending on to be 100% reliable and your life might count on it. Especially on the advice of internet strangers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd say just carry the old shield til you get the new sights put in the new gun.
Why make any changes that could possibly affect your carry gun that you are depending on to be 100% reliable and your life might count on it. Especially on the advice of internet strangers.
Thank you for getting back to me. I understand what you are saying completely. I was just curious because I wanted to try and save a few bucks ordering new sights.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I took it without question that when he said “yes it does, and I did use it;” shooting to determine reliable function was included!

Apparently; he has no idea if it functions properly…

Reactions: Three blackbelts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts