MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both a shield 40 and 40c which do y’all prefer for EDC I carry the shield 90% of the time just for fact it’s lighter and faster to draw but I do tend to carry the C on the occasion more so If I go to a more crowded area or bigger city due the extra rds. Just curious on y’all a thoughts.
Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I carry my Shield 2.0 9mm AIWB with "7 rnd" mag (has magguts +1) now 8+1 and am very comfortable, confident, and content.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I prefer to carry the biggest pistol that I can conceal.

My PC Shield, which is a great pistol, is usually only carried when my back’s out. My 9c, which is set up very nicely, is also rarely carried.

If I want to carry hi-cap; I’ll carry one of my M&P 9s. Otherwise; I’m carrying one of my 1911s.

Between your two choices; I’d be carrying the compact.

·
Registered
74 Posts
2.0 Compact 9 with an extra 17 round magazine with the sleeve on it, 33 rounds is an acceptable amounts of rounds for an EDC package. (y)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
No Shield, sorry. But I EDC 99% of the time my 9c in an OTB Maxpedition Fatboy pack. The other 1% of the time I carry a SIG 938 on body.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I prefer the Shield 9 and have carried mine almost since they came out. I also have a M2.0 9mm and 45 Shield. I live in SE texas where most of the year it is hot a humid. So, thin t shirts and short most of the year which means the Shield serves excellent for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I carry both about the same amount. I live in northern Iowa and it's really cold here half of the year and really hot the other half. Winter time it's the 1.0 40c with 15 rd fs mag and X-grip in a Crossbreed SuperTuck, 10 rd mag in CB iwb carrier. Summer gets the 1.0 Shield 9 with 8 rd mag in CB MiniTuck and 8 rd mag in CB iwb carrier. I practice with both rigs and honestly don't notice a huge difference when up against the timer. The Shield is definitely easier to wear for long periods but the 15 rd mag of the C is comforting in it's own way.

·
Registered
8,313 Posts
M&P40 Shield for EDC, M&P40 Pro model for winter weather or when cover garment allows. Usually in an Alien Gear IWB holster, sometimes a yaqui slide.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts