MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Took all mine apart this morning. Used a dremel and sanding drum to angle the back legs on the followers. Did a little smoothing of the "feathers" left on the edges by the sanding drum and put them all back together. They worked great. Two were still difficult to get that 13th round in but it was "new magazine" difficult, not "hanging up on something" difficult.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ksack - Great problem solving work ! it’s always best to thoroughly examine the parts and let “ the parts talk to you”, which you did in a very organized manner. My question - Did you forward your work and video to S&W? If yes, please keep us in the loop if they respond. I know it’s a relatively easy fix, but I think it would still be appropriate for S&W to modify their mold(s) and then forward, at no cost, “updated or revised” followers to customers who have purchased Shield Plus, or Equalizer pistols. That form of field action would assure that the user community is using factory approved parts, minimize the cost of a field campaign and restore their reputation for standing behind their products. I thought about them sending complete updated magazines, but they are a part that has to be disassembled and cleaned during regular maintenance, so I think just sending the updated follower would be appropriate.
craig

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ksack - Great problem solving work ! it’s always best to thoroughly examine the parts and let “ the parts talk to you”, which you did in a very organized manner. My question - Did you forward your work and video to S&W? If yes, please keep us in the loop if they respond. I know it’s a relatively easy fix, but I think it would still be appropriate for S&W to modify their mold(s) and then forward, at no cost, “updated or revised” followers to customers who have purchased Shield Plus, or Equalizer pistols. That form of field action would assure that the user community is using factory approved parts, minimize the cost of a field campaign and restore their reputation for standing behind their products. I thought about them sending complete updated magazines, but they are a part that has to be disassembled and cleaned during regular maintenance, so I think just sending the updated follower would be appropriate.
craig
I am not handy so I emailed them.
They suggested taking apart and working springs, using a pencil, and that they will loosen after time and use.
I replied no not handy at all and that ppl on blogs say theres a defect and the orange part needs shaving.
They replied they will swap them out so I will send 2 and swap then the other 2 and swap cant be left with no mags live in a war zone Baltimore City.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I replied no not handy at all and that ppl on blogs say theres a defect and the orange part needs shaving.
They replied they will swap them out...
So, this begs a question;

Do they know about the problem and are sending you redesigned shaved followers that correct the problem?

Or, are they sending you followers that are the same as the originals?

·
Registered
M&P Springfield S&W
299 Posts
This is the question 👆
Same as original I would guess, BUT SAW has been known to listen & change things as needed
I doubt you will ever hear that they SOLD something that needed an upgrade, just changed the design to help suit the buyer who doesn't know how to load a magazine to capacity

21 - 28 of 28 Posts