MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a PC Shield Plus in 9mm. My 10 rd mag will hold 10 rounds, but the last round is tough to get in. The 13 rounder will only hold 11 rounds with the 11th round really tough to get in. So, I’m 2 rounds short and the mag follower is bottomed out completely. You can actually see the red follower in the hole that’s in the bottom front of the mag. Customer service acted like they had never heard of that before. Anyone ran into this problem before?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought the same thing. Then I bought a hilljak loader 12.99 free shipping, it still was tuff but they go in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the same thing. Then I bought a hilljak loader 12.99 free shipping, it still was tuff but they go in.
I’ve got a loader, but it doesn’t matter because with 11 rounds, the plastic follower is bottomed out. I may buy an extra one and see how goes it….😊

·
Registered
9 Posts

Several post on this issue

JW

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up a PC Shield Plus in 9mm. My 10 rd mag will hold 10 rounds, but the last round is tough to get in. The 13 rounder will only hold 11 rounds with the 11th round really tough to get in. So, I’m 2 rounds short and the mag follower is bottomed out completely. You can actually see the red follower in the hole that’s in the bottom front of the mag. Customer service acted like they had never heard of that before. Anyone ran into this problem before?
If you can see the follower in the little hole in the front it is not all the way down. I pushed my follower in that position and tapped the bottom of the mag with a mallet and forced the 13th round in with a loader. After that the 13th round will go in by hand.

·
Registered
66 Posts
when my mags were new they were difficult to get laoded to max capacity after the 11 or 12 I usually just hit the mag on my hand and can then get the remaining rounds loaded . Someone here posted that they take their mags apart and use car wax on them I may try that on one and see if it makes any difference

·
Registered
9 Posts
Between plowing snow, watching the playoffs, and in general being stuck inside; I took two of my 13rd Plus mags apart. The original mag's follower (dirty orange on right) is ever so slightly shorter than the newer mags. I think this may be the issue in not allowing a 13th round to be loaded. I can get the round very close to loading but just a wee bit off. I have not gotten a lot of range time lately so the new mags have little actual use.

Were some having issues with the slide not locking back on an empty mag so Mec-Gar did a modification? Even if I could get the 13th round to seat in the magazine the issue of getting it to seat in the pistol with the slide forward my arise.

JW
Rectangle Wood Automotive design Font Tints and shades

1 - 9 of 9 Posts