MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3.1" and really like it, considering a 4".

For those that have both, how would you describe the differences in shooting them?
I get carrying, concealing etc, just curious if there is a difference in impulse/recoil.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I have a 3.1" and really like it, considering a 4".

For those that have both, how would you describe the differences in shooting them?
I get carrying, concealing etc, just curious if there is a difference in impulse/recoil.
I have both. Felt recoil will be slightly less to negligible in a 4 inch barrel. One loses velocity in a shorter barrel. Attached is a link to a table which illustrates the loss of velocity and a slight reduction of terminal ballistics...again, this is probably a negligible amount. BBTI - Ballistics by the Inch :: 9mm Luger Results I would avoid shooting large amounts of +P ammon through the Shield as it will wear out the firearms components more quickly. Another advantage of a longer barrel is that the distance between the front and rear sights will be greater which will potentially aid in more accurate shots. I have taken all of the above into consideration and own other Concealed carry weapons like the Sig P-365, etc which has a 4 inch barrel. I carry the Shield Plus with a 3.1 inch barrel when the concealed carrying of a full size or a compact pistol is not practical. I own the 2.0 in both full size and compact, however, the grip texture is a little rough on my spare tire, therefore, when my dress and/or garmetry will allow the concealed carry of a larger firearm, I usually find myself usually carrying one of my Gen 5 Glocks (either my 19 or 17). If S&W comes out with a Gen 3 with a Glock like grip texture, I will probably change back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply Keeter1911

·
Registered
395 Posts
I love mine. I first got a 2.0 Shield in 4". Then, I got the Shield Plus in 4", and then the Perf Center 3.1" Shield Plus.

Great guns. The 4" has a little less recoil, and is VERY accurate. With that trigger and those fiber optic sights, the gun is very easy to shoot. I am very impressed with it.

Here are my two Pluses:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well as long as it's ok to own both 😁
I'll pick up a 4" PC and give it a go....thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love mine. I first got a 2.0 Shield in 4". Then, I got the Shield Plus in 4", and then the Perf Center 3.1" Shield Plus.

Great guns. The 4" has a little less recoil, and is VERY accurate. With that trigger and those fiber optic sights, the gun is very easy to shoot. I am very impressed with it.

Here are my two Pluses:

I would say the same about the 4" plus. Very accurate indeed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have actually come to like the feel of my 3.1 Plus in hand as opposed to my M&P 2.0 4 inch. Both shoot very well for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts