MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the new shield Plus with the Crimson trace red dot.
I own a few performance center Pistols, and I’m very happy with them.

FYI the Crimson trace red dot that comes with this new shield Plus pistol is of very low quality.
I am very disappointed in this optic that Smith and Wesson has chosen for this performance center pistol.
when tightening The optic to the pistol, the red dot stops working, In order for the red dot to stay on you need to leave the screws slightly loose On your gun. I have already given away the Crimson trace read dot. I’m trying to find a higher quality red dot that shares the same mounting screw thread pattern and Mounting foot print. I am currently waiting for Smith and Wesson to e mail A response to my conundrum. I paid $ 899.00 for this firearm including the CT red dot, I’m very nervous of what my final cost Is going to be After I replace the red dot. I wish this new shield plus had the same quality optic as the first Shield optic ready that I purchased 3 years ago.

·
Premium Member
All guns M&P !!
520 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Since it is new and sold by S&W as part of the package isn't it warrantied by S&W? If not they should tell you when you ask them and inform you where to get it serviced/replaced.

I bought lasermax units for both out ours. Green for my wife. A pale green light with red laser for mine. Two different models, same brand and mine was much easier to sight in due to the green unit having unmarked adjustment screws. No indication which one was for elevation, which one was for windage or which direction to turn the screws to move the dot in relation to POI of the bullet on the paper. My red laser was very clearly marked on the cover/screws.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I saw pics a week or two ago of a Crimson Trace RDS with a shattered lens.

Unfortunately a lot of companies are using foreign made sights because most gun owners are cheap and won't pay for quality.

S&W will most likely tell you to contact CT directly.

I have no idea what other sight will fit that footprint, its a new model sight so I've not even looked at it.

Call CT and ask what footprint their sight is, they should tell you. Then search which sights use that footprint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts