MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The grip on my Plus is too short for my hand with the 10 round mag. I saw some 3 month old Threads. But, wondering where I could get a quality extension. I guess some allow for 2 extra rounds.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check this place out.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts

The one this guy makes from his 3D printer has been awesome on my ten rounder. Took 2 minutes to put on too and came right away in the mail. It has effectively made the ten rounder for the plus usable, at least for me and the size of my hands.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The one this guy makes from his 3D printer has been awesome on my ten rounder. Took 2 minutes to put on too and came right away in the mail. It has effectively made the ten rounder for the plus usable, at least for me and the size of my hands.
Thank You

I saw that on Amazon. But, at that time no reviews. There is one there now. Will revisit.

(y)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank You

I saw that on Amazon. But, at that time no reviews. There is one there now. Will revisit.

(y)
Does your pinky fit nice into the groove on the extension? I have fat hands. It looks like it adds a nice amount of extension. Maybe a Pic---:)

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at some side-by-side, online pics of the extension along side a Plus. Compared them to my 10 and 13 round mags.

I think this extension will fit about the same as my 13 round mag.

Ordered it today on Amazon.

Now I need a couple 13 round mags----

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought one from him on Amazon. Kind of pricey for $20, but it does do the job. I took some pics of the 13 round and the extended floor plate for the 10 round.
I’m still waiting for my slide to come back from being milled for an optic, and the hogue grip may make it a bit difficult to compare, but hope these help. Notice the residue on the edge of the extended plate, but it does seem to work. Haven’t had a chance to chamber a round without my slide back yet lol, but it is allowing all 10 rounds to load in the mag at least

The 13 round extended
A8EE0AA3-6590-4FC8-AB7D-236572FEE9AD.jpeg

Base plate for the 10 round

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for pics Jay702

I think this will work for me

Seller shipped mag on same day I ordered. Which I think was a Sunday.

I guess I lucked out on the price. It was 17.00 with only 12 left.

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the grip extension today. Went on easy. You can tell not OEM and 3D printed as the edges that slide into bottom of mag are not smooth. But, once on, it fit flush all around. Feels similar to the 13 round mag as far as fitting my hand.

When seated and slide is in battery it sticks a little when I depress release button. Maybe not uncommon and may smooth out. My M&P Shield 2.0 doesn't do that.

Mag loaded ok with the 10 rounds.

With both mags usable now and the way I use the gun, not sure I need to be in a hurry to get more 13 round mags.

Have you guys fired your shields yet with the new grip extension?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got the grip extension today. Went on easy. You can tell not OEM and 3D printed as the edges that slide into bottom of mag are not smooth. But, once on, it fit flush all around. Feels similar to the 13 round mag as far as fitting my hand.

When seated and slide is in battery it sticks a little when I depress release button. Maybe not uncommon and may smooth out. My M&P Shield 2.0 doesn't do that.

Mag loaded ok with the 10 rounds.

With both mags usable now and the way I use the gun, not sure I need to be in a hurry to get more 13 round mags.

Have you guys fired your shields yet with the new grip extension?

Thanks
I just got back from the range, and was able to try it out. Put about 50 rounds through it without issues. I did notice the mag release stuck a little one time when releasing the mag, but I didn't think too much of it because of how low my makeshift Hogue grip sits on the grip. Figured it was that that made it stick that one time, and not the extended base plate.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Jay702

I should have mentioned with the slide open the mag doesn’t stick when I hit release. Only when closed. Not real bad though. Not sure when I will get back to range again. But, will post how things went once I do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Jay702

I should have mentioned with the slide open the mag doesn’t stick when I hit release. Only when closed. Not real bad though. Not sure when I will get back to range again. But, will post how things went once I do.
I will pay more attention next time I go back to the range to see if I notice it too. Probably should take off the Hogue grip next time to be sure lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts