MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some magazine extensions for my shield plus, but being pretty fresh on the market there’s nothing explicitly for the plus. I know it shares some characteristics with the 2.0 but I’m not sure if the mag extensions fall into that category. I know the magazines are different capacity for the 2.0. Question is will 2.0 mag extensions fit on the 10 or 13rd magazine in the shield plus? Or do I just have to wait for stuff to come out?

·
Registered
698 Posts
It will most likely take a Month or two, but keep an eye on the Pearce Grip site. They are pretty quick to come out with pinky extensions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It will most likely take a Month or two, but keep an eye on the Pearce Grip site. They are pretty quick to come out with pinky extensions.
I had a really bad experience with Pearce Grips recently. A few weeks ago, they had listed on their site item PG-MPS+, which in their description stated that it was a pinky extension for the Shield 2.0 and the Shield plus. I went ahead and bought it on 3/20/21 and when it arrived 4 days later, it was very clear that this would not fit the Shield Plus at all.

I went back on their site and that item was removed from their listings. They did have the PG-MPS and PG-MPS+2 which both clearly say not for the Shield Plus, but the PG-MPS+ which did say it would work for the Shield Plus, was removed. I had figured that in the time I had ordered the item to when it was delivered, they had figured out their mistake, but when I sent them an email letting them know and asking how to return the wrong item and get a refund, they ignored me. I have sent them 4 emails over the last few weeks and was even trying to help them by letting them know other major retailers were selling their PG-MPS+ stating it would work for the new Plus and that this misleading info could piss off other customers and lead to issues with other retailers selling their products, and nothing from them at all.

I'm pretty sure the email addresses I sent the messages to are monitored because they sent me an email acknowledging the order originally and it's the same email they say to use on their site for questions and inquiries.

Their customer service is either non existent or they don't care that retailers are selling their products that are misleading and dishonest. I'm guessing these major retailers like Palmetto State and Natchez are only stating the information on their own sites that this will fit the Shield Plus because they got that info from Pearce Grips themselves who had initially had the same misleading info on their own site. Here is an ad from Palmetto and Natchez from today with the PG-MPS+ for sale and both clearly stating this pinky extension will work for the Shield Plus

Anyway, sorry for the rant me being brand new and all, but Pearce pissed me off plenty ;)

Pearce.png Pearce2.png

·
Registered
578 Posts
I had a really bad experience with Pearce Grips recently. A few weeks ago, they had listed on their site item PG-MPS+, which in their description stated that it was a pinky extension for the Shield 2.0 and the Shield plus. I went ahead and bought it on 3/20/21 and when it arrived 4 days later, it was very clear that this would not fit the Shield Plus at all.

I went back on their site and that item was removed from their listings. They did have the PG-MPS and PG-MPS+2 which both clearly say not for the Shield Plus, but the PG-MPS+ which did say it would work for the Shield Plus, was removed. I had figured that in the time I had ordered the item to when it was delivered, they had figured out their mistake, but when I sent them an email letting them know and asking how to return the wrong item and get a refund, they ignored me. I have sent them 4 emails over the last few weeks and was even trying to help them by letting them know other major retailers were selling their PG-MPS+ stating it would work for the new Plus and that this misleading info could piss off other customers and lead to issues with other retailers selling their products, and nothing from them at all.

I'm pretty sure the email addresses I sent the messages to are monitored because they sent me an email acknowledging the order originally and it's the same email they say to use on their site for questions and inquiries.

Their customer service is either non existent or they don't care that retailers are selling their products that are misleading and dishonest. I'm guessing these major retailers like Palmetto State and Natchez are only stating the information on their own sites that this will fit the Shield Plus because they got that info from Pearce Grips themselves who had initially had the same misleading info on their own site. Here is an ad from Palmetto and Natchez from today with the PG-MPS+ for sale and both clearly stating this pinky extension will work for the Shield Plus

Anyway, sorry for the rant me being brand new and all, but Pearce pissed me off plenty ;)

View attachment 18027 View attachment 18028

From their web page "contact us" tab.
Have you tried calling them?

Telephone

817-568-9704
800-390-9420 (U.S. only)

Email

Product Information: [email protected]

Hours/Days of Operation

9:00 - 5:00 central standard time
Monday through Friday

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Super Trucker

They are open pretty much the same hours I am at work so I haven't called them. I did however email that info email address as well as the pearcegrips @ pearcegrips email address on my shipping invoice; and I also sent them a message through their "fill out an information request form" and nothing. I think I probably sent both of those addresses three separate emails since March 24th, and not a single reply from them at all. They obviously know their item they were selling on their own site didn't fit the plus since not only did they completely remove it from their site, any of their other S&W grip extensions say "Not for Shield Plus" now. Like I said earlier, either their customer service is complete crap since nobody can respond to emails for weeks, or they just don't care to make right.

If they would have either responded to any of my emails, or posted on their site a warning that their PG-MPS+ does in fact not fit the Shield, and an apology to anyone they misled that bought it, all would have been good. They could have offered me store credit and I would have happily returned the wrong item. To just completely remove the item from their site and not bother reaching out to the major retailers that were still selling it stating it would fit the Plus, screams huge lack of integrity and maybe even bait and switch like dishonesty. Either way, their lack of basic communication and lack of interest in doing right lost them a customer forever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to get some magazine extensions for my shield plus, but being pretty fresh on the market there’s nothing explicitly for the plus. I know it shares some characteristics with the 2.0 but I’m not sure if the mag extensions fall into that category. I know the magazines are different capacity for the 2.0. Question is will 2.0 mag extensions fit on the 10 or 13rd magazine in the shield plus? Or do I just have to wait for stuff to come out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts