MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Five M&P Shields
These sights are known for being very tight & not really fit but just pressed in with a fixture.
I have removed several rear sights but never tried a front one YET!
Only did this to gain access to the striker safety plunger & spring + retainer. 馃憞
Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory Bumper

As stated by @Rick M , use a soldering iron to heat the set screw to help the red Loctite free up & use the right size Allen wrench, I have seen two sizes so far on the Shields.
Purple Wood Material property Indoor games and sports Font

NOTE: The number under the rear sight + the spring & retainer
I cut a piece of credit card to hold the parts assembled together & then tapped them with a brass punch covered with blue painter's tape.. It works.. 馃憞
Purple Sewing machine needle Sewing machine Sewing Sewing machine feet

Registered
Five M&P Shields
I actually ordered a 9mm laser bore sight today. Hopefully it's not junk, from what I read I load it in a magazine and chamber it like a real round so it seats properly. Like I said i am a new shooter so it probably is entirely me, hopefully the laser will give the definitive proof.
View attachment 20368
I bought one of those in 5.56/.223 & used it to zero in my AR-15's red dot
Worked fantastic, mounted rifle in padded vise & had the dot on a target 40 feet away.
I should have bought one in 9mm 40 S&W & 45acp too... 馃憤
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory
Rectangle Sunglasses Font Everyday carry Gun accessory

MAGAzine from 2020 :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Five M&P Shields
When I sight in a dot sight; I just set it right on top of my front sight; with the front and rear sights properly alligned.
On the AR-15/M4 it doesn't have ANY iron sights YET & wanted to zero the red dot to the laser pointer
Worked out GR8 BTW
On my pistols I did just as @Rick M suggests & had 100% success
Hand Photograph Trigger Air gun Revolver

This is my Hellcat, didn't have a photo of the Shield Plus OR
Then I U Knoched the rear polymer part of the optic to allow for more co-witness, it worked great
Purple Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel Wood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts