MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just a quick question. I noticed with my Shield plus I tend to shoot left a lot, I figured it's me since I'm a fairly new shooter. But last night I noticed my sights seem to be shifted slight right, the front more than the rear. Is it possible my sights could have shifted during shipping or is it lined up like that from the factory so it's sighted in properly?
Rectangle Gadget Material property Metal Fashion accessory

Camera accessory Gun accessory Fashion accessory Macro photography Font

Wood Automotive exterior Rectangle Font Metal

Font Circle Automotive tire Recreation Pattern

Eye Automotive tire Iris Rim Circle

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just me and my trigger control or grip, I am still learning. But I thought I would ask out of curiousity.

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does look like your sight is slightly off to the right from the factory. Probably happens more than you'd imagine from all manufacturers that mass produce firearms. Doubtful that it shifted during shipping. It'd have to be real loose to do that.
It seems nice and snug. Could I just tap it a little left with a punch? The rear sight seems slightly right to me too but I don't want to start messing with stuff and eff it all up.

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it is more likely you. I have a 4" and two 3" Shield Plus guns. The 4" shoots perfectly. The 3 inch ones, I sometime shoot to the left. Tight groups, but to the left.

I thought the sights were off, but then the next range trip, I shot it fine... Range trip after that, I pulled to the left again.

All three have the same frame... So, I don't know why this sometimes happens with the 3 inch Shield Pluses, but not the 4" one. It IS me.

I did have this issue with my original Shields too. I think I am pulling the gun when I pull the trigger. I KNOW it isn't the sights, because it doesn't do it everytime.
I actually ordered a 9mm laser bore sight today. Hopefully it's not junk, from what I read I load it in a magazine and chamber it like a real round so it seats properly. Like I said i am a new shooter so it probably is entirely me, hopefully the laser will give the definitive proof.
Chin Facial expression Jaw Sleeve Gesture

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought one of those in 5.56/.223 & used it to zero in my AR-15's red dot
Worked fantastic, mounted rifle in padded vise & had the dot on a target 40 feet away.
I should have bought one in 9mm 40 S&W & 45acp too... 👍 View attachment 20372 View attachment 20373
MAGAzine from 2020 :ROFLMAO:
I found the 9mm one on Amazon for $10.99, so hopefully it actually work lol

· Registered
SD9VE/M&P9S+/M&P9C M2.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Two of my M&Ps came with rear sights that weren’t centered.
I didn’t need to shoot them first to see if they were centered; they weren’t.

I own a fair number of pistols, and exactly NONE ever needed a sight to be set off-center of the slide/barrel to make it shoot correctly.
Proper trigger pull and sight alignment most often take care of any new gun “sight” problems…
So what you are saying is the sights come set in the spot that they are from the factory because that's how it was sighted in from the factory?

I'm just gonna practice more, if I still have issues I'll take it to a gun Smith and let them fix it the right way. I got that 9mm laser thing and it's like 4 inches right of the sights on all 3 of my pistols, clearly it's a dud. There's no effing way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts