MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
So just a quick question. I noticed with my Shield plus I tend to shoot left a lot, I figured it's me since I'm a fairly new shooter. But last night I noticed my sights seem to be shifted slight right, the front more than the rear. Is it possible my sights could have shifted during shipping or is it lined up like that from the factory so it's sighted in properly? View attachment 20322

View attachment 20323

View attachment 20325

View attachment 20327

View attachment 20328

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just me and my trigger control or grip, I am still learning. But I thought I would ask out of curiousity.
Center both sights, and I鈥檒l bet that takes care of it. 馃憤

Al the M&Ps that I鈥檝e worked on had the rear sight set with a bit of red LocTite. So; use a soldering iron and put some heat on that rear sight set screw before you try to move it. Loosen the set screw too (of course).

Registered
These sights are known for being very tight & not really fit but just pressed in with a fixture.
I have removed several rear sights but never tried a front one YET!
Only did this to gain access to the striker safety plunger & spring + retainer. 馃憞
View attachment 20363
As stated by @Rick M , use a soldering iron to heat the set screw to help the red Loctite free up & use the right size Allen wrench, I have seen two sizes so far on the Shields.
View attachment 20364
NOTE: The number under the rear sight + the spring & retainer
I cut a piece of credit card to hold the parts assembled together & then tapped them with a brass punch covered with blue painter's tape.. It works.. 馃憞
View attachment 20365
The Apex parts come with a nylon dovetail of the right size to use to hold the retainer cover in place (along with the striker block and spring underneath it) while the rear sight is being drifted back into place.

Registered
When I sight in a dot sight; I just set it right on top of my front sight; with the front and rear sights properly alligned.

Registered
Two of my M&Ps came with rear sights that weren鈥檛 centered.
I didn鈥檛 need to shoot them first to see if they were centered; they weren鈥檛.

I own a fair number of pistols, and exactly NONE ever needed a sight to be set off-center of the slide/barrel to make it shoot correctly.
Proper trigger pull and sight alignment most often take care of any new gun 鈥渟ight鈥 problems鈥

Registered
So what you are saying is the sights come set in the spot that they are from the factory because that's how it was sighted in from the factory?

I'm just gonna practice more, if I still have issues I'll take it to a gun Smith and let them fix it the right way. I got that 9mm laser thing and it's like 4 inches right of the sights on all 3 of my pistols, clearly it's a dud. There's no effing way.
No; ! was saying that, based on your noting that both sights looked to be 鈥渙ff,鈥 that they should be centered before moving them even more off center in trying to sight in the gun. I鈥檝e also had pistols come with the rear sight not centered. When I centered them; the guns shot POI=POA. 馃憤

1 - 6 of 6 Posts