MP-Pistol Forum banner

Shield Plus trigger problem

12K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  M1A4ME 
#1 ·
Just bought this shield plus "performance" model from my local Academy and the trigger is failing to function properly. I get very few good trigger pulls out of many fails.

This trigger issue is also preventing me from removing the slide when I attempt to field strip the gun. DOA $680 paper weight.

#18 ·
Agreed as S&W has a great customer service department. After a few hundred rounds thru my MP Shield Plus Performance Center 9mm I could not rack it. S&W responded immediately by sending me a paid shipping label and after 5 weeks the repair was completed and I have fired 1,000 thru it without a problem and not one misfire. This is my main carry and it has performed as advertised.

#23 · (Edited)
In my experience S&W is pretty quick with their warranty work. 👍

Why couldn’t you take it down?
Most all M&P models (I don’t know about the “EZ” models) have that little lever that allows you to remove the slide without having to pull the trigger…

Reactions: ShipWreck
#9 ·
Just bought this shield plus "performance" model from my local Academy and the trigger is failing to function properly. I get very few good trigger pulls out of many fails.

This trigger issue is also preventing me from removing the slide when I attempt to field strip the gun. DOA $680 paper weight.
Did you fire any rounds out of it.. can you give us a little more info of how it all went down..

#10 ·
looks like another one .... hit and run ...

#12 ·
$680? Dang...

I can tell from the video, it would have been an extreme low left shooter anyway. As far as removing the slide, have you tried reading the manual?

#14 ·
Update** Recently got my firearm back. They replaced the trigger and included the faulty one in a baggy. It breaks smoothly and disassembles without any problem now. This repair took a while. I recently also sent a Ruger in for service and I got it back in less than 10 days!

#19 ·
@SWPLINk if you would like to get rid of the factory trigger if it includes the flat faced trigger shoe, I would be interested...
I know it's been a year since you posted here but thought I'd give it a try anyway..
PM me if you want to SELL that flat faced trigger shoe

I remember the release date of the Shield Plus+ it was March 16th 2021
Same day my twin brother had a heart attack & died
Day before St. Patrick's Day

#24 ·
Only sent one back to S&W. The new .380 EZ. Bought it when the recall was out for the safety lever issues early on. Called, they told me it needed to come back, sent me the e-mail with the attached return authorization paperwork/labels and I put it in the mail. Got it back about 2 weeks later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.