MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got about 200-300 rounds through the Shield Plus now.
And over the last 50 rounds tonight, I noticed a new issue with my trigger.
The release has been pretty fantastic so far.

But starting tonight, as I slowly release the trigger after a pull, it goes a distance and then feels like it's past the release point.
Then, I'll press the trigger to fire but nothing happens. I have to let the trigger out further before I can shoot again.
What was once a very obvious release point is now not so obvious.

What sort of troubleshooting can I do with this?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Have you cleaned and lubed the gun after shooting it? You may have some dirt or carbon built up somewhere in the trigger mechanism. Field strip it and clean it good. Blow out the frame area with compressed air, lube the gun according to the owners manual and try it again. I clean my pistols after every range trip and I don't have any of the many problems I read about on these forums. I know some guys take pride in going thousands of rounds without cleaning, why I don't know.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Can't recall ever having reset change. It's all about the contact points between the internal parts. Kept clean/lubed the parts should just get smoother (very small amount of wear as the high spots wear off) and then reach a point where almost no wear occurs over thousands and thousands of rounds.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've only got 200-300 rounds through it but have already field stripped & cleaned it two times.
I'm actually planning to clean it again tonight.
I'll pay extra attention to the trigger assembly and used compressed air as suggested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts