MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great that the 507k "fits" but does it sit low enough (like the Crimson Trace) to allow co-witness with the standard iridium front and rear sights on the Shield 9mm 2.0 PC?
I am also looking to put a red dot on mine.... but want co-witness capability... if the Holosun allows that low profile I'm all in... or do you have to get extended front and rear sights? I love the iridium sights as they pop in even low light... so want to keep them.... I was just going to go with the CT-1550 due to how low it sits and the fact that you don't have to replace sights... comments?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to get too far off-subject... but I also added the Hogue HandALL Beavertail Grip Sleeve to my Shield which provided a much more stable firing position (I use the IDL grip) for my slightly larger hand...

·
Registered
694 Posts
I am also looking to put a red dot on mine.... but want co-witness capability... if the Holosun allows that low profile I'm all in... or do you have to get extended front and rear sights? I love the iridium sights as they pop in even low light... so want to keep them.... I was just going to go with the CT-1550 due to how low it sits and the fact that you don't have to replace sights... comments?
I've been using RDS since late 2015, I can't understand the point of people wanting night sights and RDS.

Your eyes are only able to focus on ONE thing at a time, if you have night sights and an RDS that is 4 illuminated dots to interfere with your ability to get on target quickly.

I run all black back up sights on my guns for the above reason, it keeps things simple.

As to which RDS to use, Halosun is a Chinese company selling Chinese made sights, Crimson Trace is owned by S&W an American company but there RDS are made in China. The CT sights have been problematic, I'm seeing many defective sights on different forums and YouTube.
The old saying "you get what you pay for" is very true.

I use and recommend Trijicon RDS since they are an American company making an American product.
Are they more expensive, yes.
Ask yourself what is the value of your life and supporting your country worth?
The Trijicon sights will require new back up sights (suppressor height), the all black sights for the small guns are about $55

·
Registered
1 Posts
I reached out to CHWPS on their shield plate for the 507k fitting the shield plus and they said it fit. I ordered it just from a low-modification perspective (i wasnt sure if just grinding the rear lugs off with no coating would end up with corrosion problems later).
This is it S&W M&P® 2.0 SHIELD to Holosun 407K / 507K - C&H Precision Weapons it does fit - but works like a spacer, a few things...
  • there are no lugs, just the attachment screws (would they shear over time)
  • there is no gap or plate overlap (nice fit - good specs)
  • I dont need to re-coat anything
I'll need to run it and see if it holds zero with just the screws (the plate covers all 4 lugs on the RMSc footprint)
Just ordered this, as well, but it is on backorder. I'll report back once I get it installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I reached out to CHWPS on their shield plate for the 507k fitting the shield plus and they said it fit. I ordered it just from a low-modification perspective (i wasnt sure if just grinding the rear lugs off with no coating would end up with corrosion problems later).
This is it S&W M&P® 2.0 SHIELD to Holosun 407K / 507K - C&H Precision Weapons it does fit - but works like a spacer, a few things...
  • there are no lugs, just the attachment screws (would they shear over time)
  • there is no gap or plate overlap (nice fit - good specs)
  • I dont need to re-coat anything
I'll need to run it and see if it holds zero with just the screws (the plate covers all 4 lugs on the RMSc footprint)
Have you got this mounted? Curious as to if using the plate allows you to co-witness or if it makes the 507K too high.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been using RDS since late 2015, I can't understand the point of people wanting night sights and RDS.

Your eyes are only able to focus on ONE thing at a time, if you have night sights and an RDS that is 4 illuminated dots to interfere with your ability to get on target quickly.

I run all black back up sights on my guns for the above reason, it keeps things simple.

As to which RDS to use, Halosun is a Chinese company selling Chinese made sights, Crimson Trace is owned by S&W an American company but there RDS are made in China. The CT sights have been problematic, I'm seeing many defective sights on different forums and YouTube.

I use and recommend Trijicon RDS since they are an American company making an American product.
The Trijicon sights will require new back up sights (suppressor height), the all black sights for the small guns are about $55
[/QUOT

What Trijicon sight would fit and is a bracket need I have a optics ready m&p 9mm?
Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
What Trijicon sight would fit and is a bracket need I have a optics ready m&p 9mm?
Thanks
If it's a full size M&P you can use the RMR or SRO either will fit, but the extra plates required I have no idea which one is needed.

I run RMR's on my guns, some prefer the SRO so look at both and see which on fits your needs.

I have two M&P's with RMR's but the slides were milled for the sights so no extra garbage required like the factory cuts need.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts