MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about sending my slide to CHPWS for a Holosun 507K slide cut. Will I have any cycling problems with the extra weight on the slide? Has anyone had to change recoil springs, etc?
Thanks...J

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK...New approach...
I just found a 4" optics ready slide (slide only, no internal parts) for a really good price. I ordered it, and a 4" threaded barrel to go with it. I found all the internal parts for the slide, so I'm going to build a complete 4" slide with a 407K which I'll be able to switch on my frame with the 3.1" slide I have now. I've also ordered a recoil spring for the 4" slide, and I think that the rest of the slide parts will be the same as the 3.1"; except possibly for the sights. I think I can get this done for about $300...+ or-
Any advice or unforeseen problems? ( I know I could do it more cheaply and/or buy another pistol, but I like the idea of the interchangeable slides, and I need a project.) :LOL:

· Registered
20 Posts
Not at all. I have a Shield Plus with a Holosun 407k, same size as the 507k and it runs like a top. Mine is the optic ready version of the pistol. Here is a picture of mine. View attachment 20394
Can you flip it so I can see the other side? I’m about to order the 507 for the wife and am curious how it looks on the other side. Some of the dots I’ve seen seem to hang off the slide a bit

· Registered
117 Posts
OK...New approach...
I just found a 4" optics ready slide (slide only, no internal parts) for a really good price. I ordered it, and a 4" threaded barrel to go with it. I found all the internal parts for the slide, so I'm going to build a complete 4" slide with a 407K which I'll be able to switch on my frame with the 3.1" slide I have now. I've also ordered a recoil spring for the 4" slide, and I think that the rest of the slide parts will be the same as the 3.1"; except possibly for the sights. I think I can get this done for about $300...+ or-
Any advice or unforeseen problems? ( I know I could do it more cheaply and/or buy another pistol, but I like the idea of the interchangeable slides, and I need a project.)
No "problems" per se, but I had to chop off a section of the extractor roll pin I ordered to fit under the optic. I used my Dremel with a cut off wheel. Took 5 seconds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
I saw the factory extractor & Linear Spring and Guide on eBay today @ Freestone Armory @ $19.99ea & $17.99ea OUCH!
Marked M2.0/Plus 9/40/45, I have only seen this on the Optics Ready Shield Plus 9mm with the short roll pin...
S&W M&P SHIELD 2.0 Plus Extractor 9mm 40 9 40S&W 45ACP 45 Smith & Wesson M2.0 + | eBay
S&W M&P SHIELD M2.0 Extractor Linear Spring and Guide Magnetic 9mm 40S&W 2.0 | eBay

Standard Extractor marked M1.0 Shield 9/40
S&W M&P SHIELD 1.0 Extractor 9mm 40 M&P9 9 40S&W Smith & Wesson | eBay

I doubt you will have any trouble at all using the standard extractor with the shortened roll pin... = $20 Cheaper for the parts...

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
I have ordered parts from Numbrich back as far back as 1990 before they were E-Gun Parts

MGW I have ordered a few times but had an issue with a Factory Hk USP Compact 357 SIG Barrel that never came & they held my funds for three months & then they were out of stock & discontinued ever since.
They acted like I got the barrel & just didn't want to pay. Finally got my money put back on my card, they went through USPS & they never could say IF the part was delivered or not???
I still want this barrel & sold two of the USPc's but have a 3rd coming SOON... I just didn't like how my funds were held up for so long, I called them every day for 90 days, they got sick of me...

Never ordered from Ed-Brown, AFAIK they sold/made 1911s

· Registered
107 Posts
Can you flip it so I can see the other side? I’m about to order the 507 for the wife and am curious how it looks on the other side. Some of the dots I’ve seen seem to hang off the slide a bit
Here you go. There is a very slight edge of the optic that extends past the edge of the slide. I don't have the calipers handy but it is not more than .001" I would guess. It's not enough to catch on anything or really be noticeable at all. If I had any complaint
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood
about an optic on a Shield Plus it would be that it sits too far forward because of the size of the rear sight. No issues when shooting it but sometimes the optic catches on my belt when reholstering IWB.

· Registered
852 Posts
I'm going down the path - 4" OR slide from CDNN plus parts from where I can get them for a good price.

I ordered a lot of the parts from MGW. No 4" barrels or recoil spring assemblies. Nor the little plastic piece that keeps the striker block spring straight as you put the rear sight in.

Got some more from Numrich. Still don't have everything though. Need to call S&W today about the recoil spring assembly for the 4" slide. I tried the 3" slide recoil spring assembly last night. If will "fit" into the 4" slide but the slide won't pull back more than about 1/2" or so. The round piece on the front end of the spring guide won't go through to the front of the slide - if it did the assembly would be way too short.

Got the barrel from TR-Enabling (4" ported barrel - porting in the end/top of the barrel where it barely sticks out of the front of the slide.) Only barrel I found after days of web searches.

Got a couple parts off E-bay but so many of them are way over priced vs. MGW or Numrich. It comes down to waiting for the right price or grabbing what you can get regardless of the price.

· Registered
20 Posts
Here you go. There is a very slight edge of the optic that extends past the edge of the slide. I don't have the calipers handy but it is not more than .001" I would guess. It's not enough to catch on anything or really be noticeable at all. If I had any complaint View attachment 20430 about an optic on a Shield Plus it would be that it sits too far forward because of the size of the rear sight. No issues when shooting it but sometimes the optic catches on my belt when reholstering IWB.
That’s the exact information I’m looking for, and seriously helps. Thanks so much Rangerman.
My wife will be waist holstering so the belt issue shouldn’t be a problem, and she can draw it and pull the trigger in under 1.5secs which to me is impressive in itself considering how little she’s trained up to the point (training coming).
Thanks again, it looks great!

· Registered
852 Posts
The darn Shield Plus Optics Ready models have 4 posts in the optics cut. Two up front and two in the back. The Holoson 407 (and maybe others) only have the "holes" in the bottom of the optic up front. The rear posts have to be removed, buy the adaptor plate. Got my Holoson today. Already had a plate (DPP brand bought through Amazon). I wasn't going to do it (put the optic on the slide till I got the sights on the slide, but what the heck. I'll get a picture up in a bit but without the sights it won't tell me if I can still use the iron sights as a back up if the optic fails.

I'll put the pics in the thread about building my 4" slide for the Shield Plus.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts