MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 9mm ez that I plan on using as my EDC and would like to put night sights on it. I was wondering if the regular shield sights would fit? Any help is appreciated.:coffee::unsure:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Probably have to verify with the manufacturers, but this statement is on Trijicon’s website.

Fits the Smith & Wesson SHIELD™ .40, .45, and 9mm, and M&P Shield™ M2.0™ models (excludes M&P Shield™ 380EZ).
Since they won’t fit the .380, I would assume they won’t fit the 9mm. But you know what happens when you assume.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I can verify that the front sight is the same. I replaced the front sight on our EZ9 with a Hi-Viz fiber optic that was made for the regular Shield and it fit just fine. Because of variances, most need to be fitted, but filing the bottom of the sight and then using some cold bluing on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is dovetailed front and rear, the screw tightens from the bottom. If the thread pattern is the same and lines up it might work don’t you think.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
It is dovetailed front and rear, the screw tightens from the bottom. If the thread pattern is the same and lines up it might work don’t you think.
The main issue isn’t that they can be made to fit, as much as if the replacement sights are the proper height...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can verify that the front sight is the same. I replaced the front sight on our EZ9 with a Hi-Viz fiber optic that was made for the regular Shield and it fit just fine. Because of variances, most need to be fitted, but filing the bottom of the sight and then using some cold bluing on it.
Was removing the front sight a booger to get off? I just need to adjust my factory front sight, new gun and only been to the range twice.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Was removing the front sight a booger to get off? I just need to adjust my factory front sight, new gun and only been to the range twice.
It's extremely rare for a sight to be off from the factory, though it does occasionally happen. Shoot it off a bench and let some other experienced shooters do so, to confirm it's not a shooter induced error. I chucked the slide up in a padded vise and used a metal punch with a couple of layers of electrical tape between it and the front sight and beat it out. It wasn't that bad, but took some filing the bottom of the new sight to get it to fit. They are made that way so they are not too loose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 9mm EZ and bought Trijicon SA639-C-600856. The rear sight from Trijicon has a tiny set screw, the factory has a bigger set screw from under the slide. They didn't work, Trijicons would have to be worked on quite a bit to fit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I recently bought a 9mm ez that I plan on using as my EDC and would like to put night sights on it. I was wondering if the regular shield sights would fit? Any help is appreciated.:coffee::unsure:
I use Tru Glo tritium pro I love those I have a set on my shield and on my C

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think Truglow just came out with them for 9EZ in white and orange. Been checking every day.

White 5600-00-231MP4W
Orange 5600-00-231MP4C

·
Registered
9 Posts
TruGlo Tritium Pro white night sights on both my M&P's when they were first available. Very happy with these sights for over 2 years now and they have a 12 year warranty. No loss in brightness or zero so far. LGS gunsmith where I purchased them put them on at no charge! If you go this route, I highly recommend professional installation. They do make white or orange sets for the 9mm EZ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts