MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9mm Shield, but I don't like 3 dot sights. I am thinking of blacking out the rear sights, doing something to the front sights. What did you do? Also what sights did you change to.

Mark

·
Registered
490 Posts
I did the same as you for a while, then got the Ameriglo CAPS installed. I too, didn't like the 3 dot sight picture and these fit the bill. :)

·
Registered
684 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shield stock sights

I did the same as you for a while, then got the Ameriglo CAPS installed. I too, didn't like the 3 dot sight picture and these fit the bill. :)

Ameriglo SW-443 "Hackathorn" sights on my Shield. Rear is blacked out which my old eyes really like.
I also hate the white three dot stock sights. I have been looking at the SW-235 I Dot with orange outer circle with the green tritium centered on front sight and green trit dot in the rear. As our eyes Age, do you really think it would be better to just have blackout rear sights? Or just as good to have green rear?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ameriglo SW-443 "Hackathorn" sights on my Shield. Rear is blacked out which my old eyes really like.
Sorry rain song, this was meant more to SSFAReno

I also hate the white three dot stock sights. I have been looking at the SW-235? I Dot with orange outer circle with the green tritium centered on front sight and green trit dot in the rear. As our eyes Age, do you really think it would be better to just have blackout rear sights? Or just as good to have green rear?

·
Registered
21 Posts
For me, any glowing bars or dots or white markings, etc. on the rear sight draw my old eyeball right to it. So, now all of my carry guns have rear sights with no markings.

I run blacked out stock sights, or aftermarket black rear sights, on everything I carry.

And, I really like something bright up front. The Hacks glow in low light and really pop in the day light. I like them a lot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts