MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Racking the slide into the lock position is particularly impossible. The last 1/4" grinds - not good. Once locked open using the slide lock to release the slide is all but impossible.

S&W had it for 3 weeks and did a barrel modification and replaced the guide rod. It's as bad as it was before they worked on it. There obviously is an issue with Shield. S&W has had my gun longer than I have, I'm very disappointed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your case sounds more extreme than mine, but when I got the shield it was extremely tight. It loosened up after I cleaned it and put some rounds through it, but it's still pretty tight. I've only put maybe 150 rounds through it though. Spring fell apart so I'm waiting on a replacement before I can work with it again.

Going from the shield, to the full size m&p is like night and day. The full size is just so smooth in comparison.

Not a big deal for me personally, but I can see how it would be frustrating.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aside from expecting what I have come to expect from S&W this Shield as it stands now is unreliable especially for my wife who I intended it for. I agree full size M&P's are a world apart from the Shield. I have handled other compacts and they run smooth. When I feel metal parts grinding I know I have a serious problem.

All is not lost I'll run 200+ rounds thru it, have my gunsmith do a write up; I have full confidence that S&W will make it right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts