MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a Shield 9mm and have fired 200 rounds. Purchased a 9mm 2.0 about a year ago and have fired 950 rounds. I am more accurate with the Shield than the 2.0. This seems counterintuitive. Any ideas???
Thank you for any information.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Recently purchased a Shield 9mm and have fired 200 rounds. Purchased a 9mm 2.0 about a year ago and have fired 950 rounds. I am more accurate with the Shield than the 2.0. This seems counterintuitive. Any ideas???

Thank you for any information.

You need to shoot more.
A lot more.
200 rd is a range trip.
For one gun
Usually take at least 3 or 4 and usually dump 100-200 from each one.
Of course I have a range on my land so I am not time limited as to how long I can shoot.

But practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
mostly because the difference is negligible. they did some slight trigger improvement, but not enough to really change anything.
in theory the stiffer frame should help but as you have seen for yourself its not really that big of a deal between gen1 to gen2.

smith seen that the glock boys were buying the same gun over and over gen1 , 2 , 3, 4, 5 etc.. just like kids needing a new iphone every year because the number changed. they thought we should jump on that and they did.

other than the grip texture, to the avg shooter there is NO difference between gen1 or gen2.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Shield is 9mm, M2.0. The Compact is 9mm, M2.0, 4.0” barrel.
Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 9mm Shield 1.0 as well as a 9mm Compact 2.0. I am much more accurate with the Compact but my son does better with the Shield.

We often go to the range together and I spend most of my time there shooting the Compact while he mostly shoots the Shield. I think that's the whole story. You will be most accurate with the gun you shoot the most, usually. I don't think it's the gun as much as it is the amount of practice time spent with it.

Any time I get a new gun my accuracy improves as I get more familiar with it. Maybe some guys can pick up any gun and be good with it right away but I can't.

As Texas45 mentioned the OP hasn't run enough rounds or often enough to make an assessment of his capabilities with those two guns yet. My range trips sound more like his and I go a couple times a month.

·
Registered
388 Posts
As Ceazer said the difference is negligible. The stipling on the grip ( which not everyone likes) and an allegedly better trigger. The trigger thing I can't vouch for because my Performance Center Shield .40 trigger seems slightly better to me than the one on my M 2.0 .45. In any case the trigger isn't that great on any of them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Shield 1.0 as well in 9mm, haven't found a reason to pick up the 2.0 other than examine a PC model at a local LGS... they are nicer I must admit, but just haven't needed to change :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts