MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
Gen1 Shield 9mm
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a gen1 Shield 9 but am considering a P365-380. Anyone here carry a P365 and, if so, how much more concealable is it either IWB or OWB? I also have an LCP Custom for pocket carry and want something between it and the Shield. Or are the Shield and P365 too similar in size to make a difference? The extra capacity of the Sig isn't a factor for me.

· Registered
723 Posts
Smallest carry pistols we have are the 1.0 Shield 9MM models.

Got the first one because my wife complained her CZ74 Compact was "just too heavy." I shot it, put a light/laser on it for her, couple other things and was so impressed I ordered one for myself and was happy to find mine is just as accurate as hers.

Accuracy, you ask? Sighting in the laser at 7.5 yds. with 3 shot groups offhand. Shoot three shots, adjust "up" and shoot three more.

Liked it enough I bought a Shield Plus a month or so back. The optics ready model so I could more easily install a red dot. Still working with the Plus to see how it's going to do.

Would I buy another standard Shield? Only if I lost the one I have and needed to replace it. Don't need a bunch of them, just the one I have that works so well.

· Registered
2,862 Posts
I carry and shoot my Sig P365 SAS much more than my 9mm Shield plus.
Both are primarily “when the back’s out bad” guns.
My primary EDC is a Wilson EDC X9.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Registered
1 Posts
I have both the shield plus and the sig P365 .380 and I love them both, the shield for its maneuverability and the accuracy and the recoil make it easy to use and the sig the recoil doesn't feel like one of the best if not the best.380 that I have tested and the accuracy is excellent, great precision at more than 10 meters

· Registered
2,862 Posts
I have both the shield plus and the sig P365 .380 and I love them both, the shield for its maneuverability and the accuracy and the recoil make it easy to use and the sig the recoil doesn't feel like one of the best if not the best.380 that I have tested and the accuracy is excellent, great precision at more than 10 meters
My P365 SAS is a 9mm.

· Registered
842 Posts
Where I live a .380 is useless half the year so I would never recommend something I won't own my self.
I use the micro guns less than full size, but when I do the 365 gets more useage.
They ruined the shield plus frame by making the texture for women.
The shield trigger is easier to fix but I still use the 365 more because of the frame.

· Registered
23 Posts
I would never count the 380 out of the fight.......I carry one often and with ball ammo it will penetrate 12 inches.
If I use it in self defense , it will be close up head,neck, upper torso shots , it will get the job done.
I have yet to find a deep cover 9mm that I can conceal to my liking like my 12 ounce 380acp!

· Registered
M&P Springfield S&W
321 Posts
Even though the SIG P365XL was longer/bigger I never carried it & it shot perfectly
I made a $100 on it when I flipped it & it came with the Romeo Zero in a Tac-Pac, also sold my SIG P320 X Carry
Picture heavy but tells the tale of the M&P Shields + SIGs + SA Hellcat
Purple Trigger Air gun Material property Gun barrel

I Just prefer the Shield & Shield Plus the best so far of any handgun out there for carry, I still also have a Springfield Armory Hellcat OSP with a Romeo Zero red dot that I carry off & on
It's in a drawer in the kitchen & I have eight magazines for it too, my Shield Plus OR = Optics Ready really made it just an extra
Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

And then there is my Performance Center Shield Plus with fiber optic sights & the best trigger pull of all four of my 3.1" Shields
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Then there is my 40 PC with Plus Flat Trigger, I have been grabbing it the most when I go out, it is a handful to shoot in the small single stack M2.0 Frame size
Green Purple Air gun Trigger Gun barrel

I also have a few other handguns around the house hidden that could come in handy
My Wife always gets the Taurus M85 from 1993, it is DAO & has a new old stock Pachmayr grip
Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory Revolver

My youngest son likes his Shield 380EZ & has had one for several years now, He is 31 BTW, some folks freak when they hear my youngest son, thinking he's a teenager
He first had one in early 2020 without safety but sold it to a gun shop locally to fill a bill for someone else & made an extra $100 on the deal & we bought the manual safety model for $235
He figures he has $135 in the pistol & we have three to four hundred 380acp rounds in the ammo stash, I got in a trade for some 9mm when no one had any in 2020
He sold a Colt Pocketlite Mustang & M&P Bodyguard 380 & wanted the 380EZ, it lives in a case in his guitar studio with 20-30 guitars & basses + keyboards etc. = Musician...
He's left-handed & I changed the magazine release to the LH side for him, below 2nd photo & he ordered a nice kydex LH IWB for it 👇
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Tool Luggage and bags Gas Air gun Gun accessory

And there is the M&P Shield that started this obsession. a M2.0 in a M1.0 frame in 9mm, was my twin brothers bought in mid 2019 for $249
It would be the last one to go just because it was my twin brothers before he passed away in 2021, I inherited it from him a year a half ago+
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

RIP JERRY
GARY/Hk

· Registered
M&P Springfield S&W
321 Posts
There is also this S&W SD9 FDE I bought "AS NEW" in 2021 for $285 that got an Apex Trigger & an extra 3rd magazine
Great pistol for the money YES SIR! Made my Glock 19X irrelevant, so I sold it for a profit too + G43X...
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Nice LH IWB I found in the 2nd hand box at local gun store CHEAP! 👇
Sleeve Everyday carry Beige Wood Personal protective equipment

HEY there's those extra printer cartridges, in another drawer in my kitchen near the back door, The EZ is in the music room now...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING Everyone
Gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts