MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of selling a pistol, have a buyer, and I was going to ship it to his FFL. What a suprise I had, $70 bucks!. Has anyone run into this? It's from UPS $72 and Fedex $70, it's ship from Tx to NC. Anyone have any suggestions on how to save any$ ??? Thanks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Why do you want to ship to a FFL, and are you using the word GUN on your shipping label?

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
its overnight shipping.

If its FFL to FFL you can use the post office, if its private to FFl it has to be overnight ups or fedex

Best bet is to find an FFL that will ship it for you.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
Why do you want to ship to a FFL, and are you using the word GUN on your shipping label?

Federal Law madates that he ship it to an FFL. The same Law also madates that only FFL holders may use the USPS for shipping handguns around the coutry. Us mere mortals MUST use UPS or FedEx and it MUST be overnight. Both UPS and FedEx as you to NOT mark the box in any way shape or form that identifies it as a gun. You MUST declare that you are shipping a gun, but that is only to the guy taking your package. Goofy laws you know.

As to the original question, yeah, ran into the same thing when shipping my MP9 off to Dan B for a trigger job. Paid close to $70 from TX to PA for FedEx morning deliver with insurance for $600. Overnight with sufficient insuracne is not cheap.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I also handle reverse transfers.

I charge $20.00 plus actual shipping.

Usually for the average pistol it comes out to around $35.00 total.

This is shipping by USPS priority mail insured.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be informed, Ahh Yes!

Well guys thanks for the info, I'm going to let madecov handle this for me if he can.

It's like they say you learn something new every day. I'll make sure these wits of wisdom are passed along to people that I know.........Thanks again

·
Registered
210 Posts
My FFl in Mooresville, NC charges $10(reverse transfer) and about $17 UPS to send anywhere in the US for a total of $27.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I shipped my Kahr MK9 back to Kahr yesterday for the cracked slide. With $700 insurance it came to just under $50 with UPS.

BKVic

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I usually ship through my dealer. He charges me $10 for shipping; and $10 to transfer.

It usually costs me $20 to ship a handgun CONUS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
I usually ship through my dealer. He charges me $10 for shipping; and $10 to transfer.

It usually costs me $20 to ship a handgun CONUS.

Who would that be? The reason I ask is because a salesman at H&H told me $35.00 to transfer plus shipping and tax.

I got the idea he was trying to get me to buy what they had in their shop.

The guy who taught my concealed carry class told me that he would do it for free but, I'd have to pay tax. Much better deal

The only thing is, I found what I was looking for at Briggadoon's in Del City so.......

Oh well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts