MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just ordered an M&P via an online sale site, and I'm having it shipped to a FFL via the US Postal Service. I was given a tracking code, but the code only tells me when the package is delivered.

Any idea on how long handguns normally take to be delivered (it's going from Florida to Maine)?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I agree, should be next day air...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, well USPS was notified of the package on the 13th (Tuesday). Hopefully it comes tomorrow. If it doesn't come by monday, I'll start to get a little concerned.

·
Registered
71 Posts
2-3 day's and they do deliver on saturday's, I have had several shipped usps, and it depends on how far away it was shipped from, but I have never had it take more than 3 day's.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
unfortunately with USPS shipping from one FFL to another you may ship parcel post insured, which means they can take as long as they want. I had one take, no joke, 2 weeks from FL to PA. Apparently since it was insured for a large amount (custom 1911) they wanted to make sure is was locked up well each night in a safe :roll:

the good news is if you got a tracking number it means it went priority mail and it should take 2-3 days but remember with USPS it is not a guaranteed 2-3 days.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
unfortunately with USPS shipping from one FFL to another you may ship parcel post insured, which means they can take as long as they want. I had one take, no joke, 2 weeks from FL to PA. Apparently since it was insured for a large amount (custom 1911) they wanted to make sure is was locked up well each night in a safe :roll:

the good news is if you got a tracking number it means it went priority mail and it should take 2-3 days but remember with USPS it is not a guaranteed 2-3 days.

Same thing when I used to ship cylinder heads... would have insurance up to $20k, and it would be a week to two weeks before the shipment arrived at the house.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gah...well that's not great news ...

At least I know the gun will arrive in good condition...

I'll keep you folks posted :roll:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, it came in, making it 4-days via USPS.

Hopefully I'll be able to give a range report tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts