MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a warren tac rear and a hi viz front sight from the M&P store and dropped off at the LGS who uses Hansen Precision to any repairs/smithwork. Well I got back the other day and was in a hurry to get back to work so I didn't give a thorough look. Got it out this morning to test out the new sights in the back yard and noticed that the front sight on the ejector side was all chewed to hell with a some metal shavings in the dovetail slot and a 4 inch scratch on the slide on the otherside. First time I've ever had anybody install anything on one of my firearms. Is this normal? I'm more into function than fashion but I am dissappointed as it is a fairly new firearm. As for the sights I seem to be hittin high and to the right a bit (southpaw) whereas prior I was shooting nice tight groups POA with the M&P 9. I did change to the full size backstrap prior to sending it to the smith but never fired it with anything but the mediums. As soon as I figure out where I put em I'm gonna switch back and see what's up. Guess I just needed to vent a bit.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Crappy work!! Take the pistol back and tell him to fix it.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Hell no, that's no way to run a business. You always give the customer his item back in better condition that what you received it. I would be headed back there Monday morning...

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's too bad you didn't take some pictures of the gun before and after. He might say thats the way he received it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
junior said:
he front sight on the ejector side was all chewed to hell with a some metal shavings in the dovetail slot and a 4 inch scratch on the slide on the otherside.

sounds like you should be getting a new sight and finish....on the house.

·
Registered
638 Posts
synergy said:
[quote name='junior']he front sight on the ejector side was all chewed to hell with a some metal shavings in the dovetail slot and a 4 inch scratch on the slide on the otherside.

sounds like you should be getting a new sight and finish....on the house.[/quote]

No question about it. Sorry to hear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts