MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the 40 out today for about 200 rounds. I expected more snap since people talk about it but it felt great. Its a fun shooter. I shot perfect when i concentrated on pulling the trigger. Hit everything I wanted to hit when I did that. Didn't hit much when I "Prayed and Sprayed" but its fun to do.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have another box to shoot and I might go out today to concentrate on every shot. I used the large backstrap and that worked best for me because it forced me to hold the gun more correctly. Being new to handguns I still want to hold it the wrong (comfortable) way but after seeing Todd's videos on you tube i learned a lot

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was a big 1911 fan, single action triggers are just f*%#?ing sweet, it was the reason that I tried and sold both Glocks and XD's. By comparison, the M&P trigger is very nice. With a little practice, mostly getting used to, I have found it to be an exceptional shooter, love the trigger. Have fun, trying to get out of here and to the range myself.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might be another day but I still get really excited to shoot this gun as much as possible. I did a little bit of dry firing and it went really well. Made me want to shoot in the house. I need to find some snap caps.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another 100 today. I tried all 3 backstraps and like the small the best. This might change because they all have there benefits and feel really comfortable. I fired better off hand then strong hand which is reassuring. Never know when that could come into play. I plan on taking one more trip out shooting with probably another 300 or 400 rounds. I've been using WWB 165 grain. I might try the UMC 180 grain bulk ammo from Walmart. It's the closest place for ammo. Other place is another 5 minutes and I always seen to pick rush hour to be heading out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another 50 rounds. Again I shot very well both hands. It was colder out today since the high was about 40 today and I went shooting around 4:00pm.

I switched to the medium backstrap. I think that helped my accuracy. It might have been my gun no being 100% clean but I'm surprised at how clean it is. I've never shot WWB and I don't think I will buy anything else. I shoot it well. Walmat prices went up to 20 bucks (dont get me started on it). After my last 50 I'm going to clean it out and store it.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I've had to settle for dry firing recently. Snap caps just arrived at the house. I was wondering how well dry firing improves real shooting. Today I was practicing and the front sight almost never moved. Dry firing also leads me to believe I should only fire left hand since I can pick up my gun and fire without moving the front sight 9 out of 10 times with my left hand. Anyone?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts