MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody catch Shooting Gallery on TV Wednesday? It was featuring the M&P series, both the pistol and the AR version.

Here's the description from Shooting Gallery website:

GUNSITE Smith&Wesson invitational

Once a year Smith & Wesson gathers some of the top firearms media people in the country for a week of training at GUNSITE, America’s premier shooting school. In addition to an opportunity to train with S&W’s newest firearms, the Invitational is an opportunity to see some of the products that will be making news next year.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have it on tape - haven't watched it yet

I did see Shooting USA who were touring the SHOT show. They showed the crimson trace laser grips for the M&P. They also showed the range session before the SHOT show and the new M&P 45s and the Compact M&P being tested by various gun writers and a police chief.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I watch Shooting Gallery every week. But the host, Michael Bane, just bugs me. The arms attached to the sides at the elbows and all the hand wringing and hand movement really distacts me. That and the two earrings in the left ear.

But hey, that's just me.

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's funny, I don't think he could talk if you hand cuffed his hands behind his back!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey,

Wait, Back-up, Did someone say,, Laser grip sights for a M&P ????

Where are they,, The CTC web site does not list them?????

Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
76 Posts
gunpacker said:
Hey,

Wait, Back-up, Did someone say,, Laser grip sights for a M&P ????

Where are they,, The CTC web site does not list them?????

Thanks

Ken

They are supposed to be out late spring or summer, I think.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Very good gun programs....

The whole line up of shooting shows on The Outdoor Channel on wednesdays is very informative. I record them and watch the ones I like best over several times. 8)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
What we really need is a show built around Julie Goloski and other younger shooters (with maybe even a minority or two), then given the production values required to capture the interest of younger audiences. We need to keep the shooting sports and shooting in general relevant and interesting so we can help keep the pipeline filled with lifelong shooters. I think Shooting Gallery, Guns & Ammo TV, and all the other shows are fine, but they remind me of how shows used to look in the early '80s.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
caporider said:
What we really need is a show built around Julie Goloski and other younger shooters (with maybe even a minority or two), then given the production values required to capture the interest of younger audiences. We need to keep the shooting sports and shooting in general relevant and interesting so we can help keep the pipeline filled with lifelong shooters. I think Shooting Gallery, Guns & Ammo TV, and all the other shows are fine, but they remind me of how shows used to look in the early '80s.

Maybe we can get Spielberg (sp?) to come up with something for you that's a little more P.C. I've seen lots of these shooting shows with young shooters, new shooters, and competition shooting with many young competitors, including Goloski. The hosts are mostly people that have earned the right to be there through years of experience. And, Koenig and Lead Dispencer are not exactly old men. :roll:

·
Registered
16 Posts
TxPhantom said:
Maybe we can get Spielberg (sp?) to come up with something for you that's a little more P.C. I've seen lots of these shooting shows with young shooters, new shooters, and competition shooting with many young competitors, including Goloski. The hosts are mostly people that have earned the right to be there through years of experience. And, Koenig and Lead Dispencer are not exactly old men. :roll:

Isn't Texas home to the largest contingent of the fastest growing voter block in the US - Hispanics? It's a bit worrying that in the midterm elections Hispanics voted Republican at less than half the rate they did in 2002, don't you think? While I agree shooting shows aren't the perfect vehicle to convince voters to support the 2nd Amendment, I'd certainly want these voters to be able to see themselves as lifelong shooters when and if they tune in to watch shooting shows. It's not about being PC, it's about keeping shooting sports relevant and getting voters to back our 2nd Amendment rights.

I produce stuff for TV almost every day and it isn't rocket science to make a well-written, well-designed show that flows well. I'm not saying the current crop of shows is bad; they're fine, but it wouldn't hurt to set the bar higher.

ETA: By set the bar higher I don't mean go out and replace Jim and Clint and Michael, I mean package and edit the programs better, include new folks for some of the segments, etc.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
caporider said:
[quote name='TxPhantom']

Isn't Texas home to the largest contingent of the fastest growing voter block in the US - Hispanics? It's a bit worrying that in the midterm elections Hispanics voted Republican at less than half the rate they did in 2002, don't you think? While I agree shooting shows aren't the perfect vehicle to convince voters to support the 2nd Amendment, I'd certainly want these voters to be able to see themselves as lifelong shooters when and if they tune in to watch shooting shows. It's not about being PC, it's about keeping shooting sports relevant and getting voters to back our 2nd Amendment rights.

I produce stuff for TV almost every day and it isn't rocket science to make a well-written, well-designed show that flows well. I'm not saying the current crop of shows is bad; they're fine, but it wouldn't hurt to set the bar higher.

ETA: By set the bar higher I don't mean go out and replace Jim and Clint and Michael, I mean package and edit the programs better, include new folks for some of the segments, etc.[/quote]

I have no clue what you are trying to say about Texas Hispanics voting Republican or what that has to do with anything. In no way do I infer that any race or nationality be excluded from any shooting show or competition. If they are good enough it's ok with me. I somehow thought your original point was something to do with incorporating younger shooters into the shows to promote young people joining the shooting sports. My point was, they already do.

Why don't you use your vast knowledle to help the present shows out by contacting them and giving them your advise. I'm sure they would be interested. If that doesn't work start your own show and if it's any good we will all watch it and you will get rich. :idea:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
caporider said:
...Isn't Texas home to the largest contingent of the fastest growing voter block in the US - Hispanics? It's a bit worrying that in the midterm elections Hispanics voted Republican at less than half the rate they did in 2002, don't you think?...

I fail to see where this statement has anything to do with this thread. Maybe you need to rephrase what you are trying to say.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts