MP-Pistol Forum banner

Shooting my 637

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  chilewhat 
I don't think there are any secrets, these guns are just hard to shoot well. I practice with light loads and small doses to keep from building in my flinch. I should probably dry fire some. My problem is that these guns aren't particularly fun for me to practice with, even with the 148 HBWC target loads I use for that. I bought about 5 pairs of grips including two different big Pachymars, trying find one large enough to shoot well with but small enough to carry and may try one more. I was originally taught to shoot with revolver by a very good revolver shooter. I learned not to stage the trigger and all that revolver stuff. I gather some guys out springs for a lighter pull, but I've been reluctant to do it on a self-defense gun. I won't ever be able to shoot a J-frame as well as even a small "real" gun, that is part of why I carry a larger gun as a primary any time I can. There is a snub shooter site, http://www.snubnose.info/ but I haven't looked around there yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.