MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone shoot reloads in thier M&P? If so can you use lead or does it have to be jacketed only? Is there an issue with an unsupported chamber like some have had with the Glock ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've shot reloads with no problem. The barrel does not have polygonal rifleing so lead bullets are no problem as well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've shot reloads in mine with no problems - I only use the zero jacketed bullets though. I don't shoot lead bullets. But, I think the answer to your question is that it is safe to shoot them from your MP.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
I shoot my reloads almost exclusively, well...the only time I shot factory in my MP40 was before I had the dies for that caliber! I shoot plated bullets, but some have shot lead with no problems.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've shot lead, coated precisions, zeros and much much more and she'll handle anything!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I shoot lead which I get from a local shop, Bullseye. Not only does my MP40 like his lead reloads but I later found out that S&W buys his reloads for product testing...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've never shot a single round of factory ammo thu my M&P9...

I haven't had it for that long and only shot maybe ~350 rounds thu it, but it has been 100%

fwiw I use copper plated bullets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts