·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Fun new targets

He will likely lose his chance to ever own a gun again, but I can certainly understand his frustration at having those cameras pointed at you. Those types of trickery are simply pimping for the government, so they can get more of our money to spend on stoopid programs. I hate those things, but I'm not gonna shoot at them, that's even more stupid![/b]

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just a hint to those that really hate traffic cams, when the light turns yellow it doesn't mean you've got plenty of time, proceed without caution. Granted most people are reasonable and won't intentionally ram the 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th car that turns in front of them on a red turn light but it does tend to p*ss people off. P*ssed off people see no problem with traffic cams because a) they're p*ssed and b) they don't feel they have any reason to be afraid of them.

Just a hint.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
This is just stupid. People like this make the gun community look bad in the eyes on the public when the news gets ahold of these stories.

·
Registered
122 Posts
At least the traffic cams aren’t shooting back---yet…. :roll:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Damn. It'd be ballsy to try and pop one out of your car, or something, with tinted windows at a distance with a "quiet" .22lr, let alone an f'ing 30-06.

It's strange that all he's facing is a $50 fine, and the loss of that rifle. Try pee'ing on the lightpole that holds the traffic cam, and see what kind of fines/terms you face...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
lol that did seam odd, peeing in public lands you a sexual offender charge in most states!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
J Beard said:
At least the traffic cams aren’t shooting back---yet…. :roll:

No kidding, I wished he wouldnt have been caught personally! Nothing beats a surprise $75-$100 fine because the POS caught you out of 5 people running a red light, I think its all part of the plan to corral the people when the govt. starts to tighten its reins!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mixed Feelings

I'm not sure how I feel about this. While I would love my neighbor to look after my house while I'm not there, I'm not sure I would want him shooting people he thought were breaking in while I wasn't even at home. This story is short on details but how sure was this guy that these people weren't house members. What if it was your kid climbing in a window after he locked himself out and your neighbor shot him or her.

The 911 call seems to indicate he wasn't really in any danger and was looking for a confrontation. I'm pretty much in favor of deadly force only when the life or you or yours is in danger. People shouldn't consider themselves LEO just because they carry a gun.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Re: Mixed Feelings

Omikron said:
I'm not sure how I feel about this. While I would love my neighbor to look after my house while I'm not there, I'm not sure I would want him shooting people he thought were breaking in while I wasn't even at home. This story is short on details but how sure was this guy that these people weren't house members. What if it was your kid climbing in a window after he locked himself out and your neighbor shot him or her.

The 911 call seems to indicate he wasn't really in any danger and was looking for a confrontation. I'm pretty much in favor of deadly force only when the life or you or yours is in danger. People shouldn't consider themselves LEO just because they carry a gun.

Methinks you posted in the wrong thread, this one is about shootin cameras not neighbours :wink: .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts