MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I know you guys & gals can help me out with this little problem. My wife liked my M&P 9mm full size so much, we got her one, and she's going to start shooting USPSA with me.

So here's the problem... She's using the Bladetech holster that came with the carry kit. Her torso is short (she's only 4'11" tall), and when women ware belts at the waist (got her a speed belt), this doesn't leave much vertical movement to withdraw the gun from the holster, before she smacks the side of her boob....

So does Bladeteck or another company make a holster for the M&P 9mm Full Size, that will enable the top of the holster (where attaches to belt) to sit a little farther away from the belt / body?

Remember must still be USPSA legal....

Thanks folks!

Jeff

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Get the "Drop Offset Holster" (DOH) attachment from Bladetech, or buy the DOH holster. Remember, women don't have to follow the same holster rules that the guys do!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 'belt' rules for women are different than for men and allow wearing the belt lower than men can wear it. It's possible that the use of an 'outer / inner' set up might be able to expedite her draw.

Dropped and off-set, as has been pointed out will probably help her alot.

http://www.hillsmanholster.com "Range Master" - a top quality offset / drop. Also http://www.bearclawholsters.com has one called 'Race 1' (on his website shown with a Limited 10 setup), or he can make you an offset n' dropped version of his normal owb. A lot of people use Blade Tech - no diss'in them if you want to mod out your present holster.

I'm an IPSC RO, btw :wink: Great sport!

·
Registered
249 Posts
+2 on the BladeTech DOH- rules allow it- because they say men and woman are built different. Whodda thunk?!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Try FIST holsters;

They have a group of products made specifically for (and tested by) women.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts