MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. Meet up with Josh and his wife today at the range.. I personally want to thank Josh for serving our country..

I had a great time.. I got to shoot his M&P45.. Which is a bad thing for me.. Now I WANT ONE!!! I WANT IT!!!
.. Too bad we don't have a drool emoticon.. LOL It was nice.. But after shucking out about $2k for a new sewer line this past week, I am on hold until next year.. I also got to shoot his 9c with the Dan Burwell trigger job.. It was very nice.. It will be on my list of mods for my 40s..

Again, thanks Josh for letting my try out your M&P45 and the 9c.. We should do it again..

Ben

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Good deal! It's always nice to meet up with other forum members, do some shooting and make new friends

·
Registered
910 Posts
I was bummed we didn't stay longer. Holly was in a rush to hurry up and get the 5 hour drive to North Carolina over with. I'm surprised she wasn't yelling at me after like 30 minutes. I didn't even get time to mess with zero'ing in the red dot on the Ruger MKIII.

I can't believe how soft shooting the 45 was. I was definitely shocked. The 9c with regular pressure Speer Lawman ammo had more felt snappy recoil than the 45 did. I couldn't figure out the sights on the 45 for crap. First time shooting it myself, and we didn't shoot much so I'm not too upset. The 9c was a different story, though. I always shoot pretty good with it. Hell, you were literally sending one after another through the same hole with the 9 and it was your first time with it.

Also thanks for lending me the shooting glasses. :oops: I usually wear my prescription glasses, but forgot them. I felt like a complete idiot when you were like, "I'm surprised you're not wearing glasses." D'oh! Luckily I didn't catch a casing to the eye, or anything.

Next time we go out we'll stay longer, and shoot more. We'll also try to set it up so I can sleep before heading to the range. Nothing like waking up early Friday morning, flying Friday evening into Saturday morning, getting off at 4am to go home and pack until 6 and then head to the range shortly after only to be followed by a 5 hour road trip. Sadly I didn't even shut my eyes until Sunday morning around 3am. I was BEAT!

Thanks for meeting up with us, Ben! We both had a blast, and we'll definitely go out there again. Just name a time that's convenient for you, and I'll be there as long as I'm in town. Give me a hollar at 270-9709 next time you want to go shoot. If my wife joins us out there I just ask that you don't drive your damn 4-door Jeep. Man, I heard about how nice it was and how much she wanted one for about an hour afterwards.
Oh, and you can't drive your other Jeep either.

Ps. Thanks for the serving our country comment, but I'm just doing my job which I love.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
josh said:
If my wife joins us out there I just ask that you don't drive your damn 4-door Jeep. Man, I heard about how nice it was and how much she wanted one for about an hour afterwards.
Oh, and you can't drive your other Jeep either.

Um.. I have a problem with that statement.. All I drive is Jeeps.. LOL.. I am what you would call a Jeep Addict!!

I will give you a call when I go again.. I usually try to get to the range about twice a month during the summer.. If doesn't storm too bad on tuesday, I might be heading back out there after work around 2:30.. I will give you a call...

I still have a box of 50rds of 45acp ammo I need to shoot..

Ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts