MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went out to the range today with my father in law, who is with the CHP. Here in so cal, we had a weird really windy day. It looked like it was gonna rain, and it did, but not on us. Guess what the CHP shoots, ...yep .40S&W. They all shoot a model 4006 SW.( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_4006 ) Together we went through about 300 rounds of .40 and another 150 of .38 for the three other older CHP issue revolvers that he has as well(also S&W) I probably put 200 through mine.

I really enjoyed this gun, I have the large grip installed on it, and fit my long fingers well. The trigger is awesome, it is easy to pull, but still has distinct falling point to it. The ergos of this gun are great, it is freaking light weight, especially compared to the all metal 4006. I did have 1 failure to fire, but I was told that this was due to the round, and not the gun. I did notice that the igniter was crushed in, so I assume the gun did its job, right? Other than that, no problems. My father in law tried it out, and he really liked it as well. I feel that the gun was accurate, but due to extreme winds(shaking me and my arms) and the lack of paper targets, I will have to wait to see if the sights are good. I assume they are decent. The targets we were shooting were like 6 inch round steel circles that would fall back when shot.

After we were done, I asked the range officer if he had any tips for me. He said, "why?, I saw you knocking down targets.. you have been shooting for a while right?" I said, no, this was my first gun, and my first time shooting this gun. He said I'm doing real well then. I felt good about the day and the gun.

I also shot the 4006 and the three .38 revolvers.(6", 4", and a reall compact model.) The 4006 seemed really good, but I did not like the first really heavy trigger pull. It was nice after that, easy and accurate. The revolvers.. the 6" was really cool, and accurate, but the 4" I did not like as much, and the compact, I felt like it was way too small for that bullet, and the grip was really small. I don't even know if I managed to hit the target. Now I guess I'll have to clean it. I will post pics of the gun soon. Take care all!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats!!! Sounds like you had a blast!!! Yes it was freaking windy here too! Crazy weather and then it just broke up and turned blue skies again! Strange! Wish I was looking at it from the range instead of my office window!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good job! Most of us here are very pleased with the M&P 40. Better be careful-next thing you know you'll be buying the compact! I know I am not alone in having it in both the full size and compact.

·
Registered
255 Posts
LegalRaptor said:
Good job! Most of us here are very pleased with the M&P 40. Better be careful-next thing you know you'll be buying the compact! I know I am not alone in having it in both the full size and compact.

They tend to get lonely if you only have one of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome. I am glad I went with the MP! I may be coming to you all for advice on night sights soon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts