MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shooting the S&W IDPA Winter Championship this week. They had a product demo last night at the Shooting Center and had all the M&P's available to shot. Shot both versions of the 45. Fantastic guns. Low recoil, great fit, accurate. Spoke to Joe Burgeron product manager. The saftey as I understand from him doesn't lock up the slide like a 1911. You can rack the slide and clear the gun with it in safe mode. I think he said April for shipping.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
Thanks for the info. How did the grip feel compared to the 9/.40 fullsize?
I am not Z rider, but I did get to shoot the 45 at SHOT. The grip with the medium grip insert felt like a 9/40 with the large insert minus the palm swells. If that makes sense. I didn't get to try it with the small or large. I shoot the large right now and will likely use the large with the 45 as well, as without the palm swells it felt a little funny in my hand. Kind of like a 1911 with thin grips, not bad just different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shot the M&P 45 last night

I am elated to hear that someone has actually held and fired one of these guns. I believe they do then exsist and have my order in for one. Can those of you that have shot the 45 post an extended report of your range session.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The slide is the same width as the 40/9. I was able to put it in my 40 holster just pushed the slide out of battery due to the extra lenght of the slide.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Z rider said:
I'm shooting the S&W IDPA Winter Championship this week. They had a product demo last night at the Shooting Center and had all the M&P's available to shot. Shot both versions of the 45. Fantastic guns. Low recoil, great fit, accurate. Spoke to Joe Burgeron product manager. The saftey as I understand from him doesn't lock up the slide like a 1911. You can rack the slide and clear the gun with it in safe mode. I think he said April for shipping.
When you say "both versions"... are you talking about full and compact?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts