MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a friend offer me a year old ruger 22 45 blued bull barrel gun with a 5.5 inch for sale. I think I can probably come away with it for 200 or under....should I bite on this one.

·
Registered
319 Posts
make sure to take it to the range and shoot it first!

I had 22/45 bull barrel, and while it shot GREAT group, first round off of mag get cought on the sharp bottom edge of feed ramp every time.! I sent it back to Ruger x2, and each time they said it works great.

But if first round is not angled JUST right, it would get jammed up against feed ramp. Its always just first round. never after that. Infact, if I loaded 9rds in to 10 rds mag, it didn't happen. I thought it was an issue with mag, so ibought 2 more mags, and did the same. First round would get cought on sharp edge of feed rump, if round is not pointing up JUST right.

It almost acted as if feed ramp was not long enough or something - After sending it x2, and failed to feed right, I traded for P22. While I believe my issue with my ruger was freakish in nature, and Ruger 22 pistols are great, reliable gun 99.9% of time, it just wasn't so with mine.

Take it to range and shoot severeal mags before you buy it.

Otherwise I think $200 is great price

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have had mine for for 8+ years and what a great pistol to get cheap trigger time.

Ruger has a great warantee if you have any issues the will fix or replace for free.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Go for it... Not only are they great trainers for anyone of any age, they are a blast to shoot. I have a few Rugers in various stages of builds and I simply love to shoot them as does my family. Think of it as a low cost entertainment value.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
For that price and condition, buy it! You wont regret it. Like Morgan was saying, there a blast as well as addicting! Just look at him......he has lost his mind and has at least 4 to speak of....lmao

I would jump on it brother, there is alot you can do to them too!!! Dont let Josh give you any ideas, he will have you in debt in no time at all

koumiss45 said:
I had a friend offer me a year old ruger 22 45 blued bull barrel gun with a 5.5 inch for sale. I think I can probably come away with it for 200 or under....should I bite on this one.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have one and it makes even ME look like I know how to shoot a pistol.

No shiite story: 50 yard gongs, 12" diameter, squeeeeeeeeeeeeze... pop.... ding.... time after time

doesn't work the same when I'm using my M&P 40C........

·
Registered
32 Posts
Buy it. I have a 22/45 and like every other person says it is a fine pistol. It is real cheap to go to the range with. It does kind of suck to field strip though.

·
Registered
501 Posts
tschmittel said:
Buy it. I have a 22/45 and like every other person says it is a fine pistol. It is real cheap to go to the range with. It does kind of suck to field strip though.

The new ones are supposed to be easier. Some day when I'm watching my beloved Mizzou Tigers (5-0 after putting a serious whuppin on the neb. cornshuckers) play I'll practice taking mine apart. Ruger says it's easy after the first time or two. I've done it more than a time or two and Ruger smokes rope :!:

·
Registered
545 Posts
tschmittel said:
I also have a 22/45 5.5" bull barrel but mine's stainless. Absolutely a great pistol.

Actually, the field stripping is a piece of cake. It's the reassembly that's bit tricky. However, the 22/45 is easier to put back together than the MkII's and all of them are relatively easy with a little practice. That shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok well the gun is more than a year old but he finally took it out of the business a year ago...I did buy it. It was from his father's gun shop and sat in it's box for the entirety of it's life. Got it for 180. The serial number is 218-908xx....so who can tell me when this was made and what mark it is.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You got it for about $65 less than what they go for online new. I would've bought it too. That thing will literally last forever if taken care of.

And they are very easy to turn into $1,200+ toys.
My advice is don't look for aftermarket accessories for them or you'll get hooked.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think this bc it has the word target under the words " .22 cal. long rifle" It has an adj. rear sight, and horizontally lined grips that feel like crap.

·
Registered
21 Posts
koumiss45 said:
Ok well the gun is more than a year old but he finally took it out of the business a year ago...I did buy it. It was from his father's gun shop and sat in it's box for the entirety of it's life. Got it for 180. The serial number is 218-908xx....so who can tell me when this was made and what mark it is.

I think you can find the information you seek on their website...

Just enter the serial number...

I purchased a 22/45 MKIII Hunter in June '07...

S/N is 270-xxxxx

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
josh said:
And they are very easy to turn into $1,200+ toys.
My advice is don't look for aftermarket accessories for them or you'll get hooked.

Exactly, if you want I could send a few websites your way... :wink:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='josh']And they are very easy to turn into $1,200+ toys.

Exactly, if you want I could send a few websites your way... :wink:[/quote]

Morgan will empty your bank account in a good way

1 - 16 of 16 Posts